Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything of any of the Derby ITK or there forums?
Report came out today from DCFC administrators, within that they mention they met with him on Tuesday (isn't that the day he was being interviewed), and they are " hugely impressed with his commitment and understanding of the position"

Report came out today from DCFC administrators, within that they mention they met with him on Tuesday (isn't that the day he was being interviewed), and they are " hugely impressed with his commitment and understanding of the position"
Not a clue what you mean here

That’s just it. Is he though ? Really ? So what happens if he does come in here and has a decent run? Let’s say maybe a year or two tops. What happens when man United Comes calling ?

I’ll never understand it.

You could learn a lot from the past.
No, he isnt. Its incredibly naive to think he is imo. Either way, he is clearly not qualified, and thats the main issue with him even being interviewed.

If he had no association with Everton I doubt loads would be saying let's get the Derby manager
The Derby manager that was also one of the best English post war players and won more than probably any other Derby manager or player in their history? It's all about perspective.

But hey, I don't want him because he's the Derby manager, but because I think he understands the game as few others. He showed he had a footballing brain during his days as a player.

The Derby manager that was also one of the best English post war players and won more than probably any other Derby manager or player in their history? It's all about perspective.

But hey, I don't want him because he's the Derby manager, but because I think he understands the game as few others. He showed he had a footballing brain during his days as a player.
You’re quite right.
He has been painted as stupid by a southern press who look down on boys from Croxteth. However, his football brain is first class.

I wanted to cast my vote on the "Ermmmmm....." option but it isn't even there FFS
F1034466-9640-49FD-8B8B-E96CDF0A6B6F.jpeg

Why do you think being a good player equals being a good manager?
Don't necessarily think being a good player equals being a good manager. Would be stupid and naive to think that. There are more examples were that's not the case then were it would prove that point.

I somehow would be prepared to take that risk with Rooney. As said in other threads though. Somerhing has to change within snake pit Everton, because as things stand right now, it's a poisoned chalice for any manager stepping in.

EEEZZZ ONE OF UZ DOH!
Nothing to do with him being a boyhood blue. But if we're prepared to hire a kopite legend, than surely we can look past the history of a supposed Manc lover?

Gave up on loyalty in football a very long time ago. If he'd prove a succes here and decided to f... us off for United again, so be it. It's not like managers with no affiliation to this club, wouldn't do the exact same thing.

All this garbage about him being a “manc lover” or a traitor.
It’s pathetic, seriously.

Bill Kenwright the owner of Everton football club forced Wayne Rooney out, end of story.

It’s him you should have the problem with, not the then 19 year old lad who couldn’t believe that his boyhood club were selling him.

Then when he came back as a United player, he was the subject of toxic abuse by Everton fans, which reading this, some of you are still dumb enough to continue with.

Yes he put a transfer request in, but that is what the club made him do, because they wanted to sell him to Chelsea and he wanted to go to United.

Grow the F up some of you, you are cringeworthy and beyond embarrassing to be associated with as fellow Evertonians.

The fact we have to choose between Rooney & Martinez says everything about this club currently. Rooney over Martinez with a gun to my head. Our owner & board are a joke. Kin state of them.
Who else are you wanting??

We've tried unknowns - Silva. Failed.

Well knowns - Koeman and Allardyce. Failed.

World stars - Ancelloti. Failed because he abandoned us at first whiff of a bigger job.

There's pretty much no other directions to go other than those we know. Martinez and Rooney!

Status
Not open for further replies.