Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we think of employing him if he wasn't an Ex player?
Too much pressure for him to cope with IMO.
It just shows how far we've fallen if the Brighton manager wont contemplate coming here.
Not like there are ample picking out there.

Everton going to be a tough job for anyone, big club, big fans base massively under performing, squad that needs a decent overhaul, a bonkers owner.
Rooney would get extra time off fans because he a blue. Will he work? Who knows but he’s worth a try. Better then Mourinho or another Dino

It just shows how far we've fallen if the Brighton manager wont contemplate coming here.
I think he has probably handled more pressure in the finals he has played in. Yeah it doesn’t mean he would be a success, but I would rather have him over Martinez. There would also be a certain pull for players we want to sign.

Would you think of employing a coach who failed under 5/6 managers and managed just 4 games as a caretaker? If his name wasn’t Ferguson… Carrick did similar at Utd but no one saying he should get it

i think the desperateness of our situation is cloudings peoples judgements - not a hope in hell would this poll be at 55% if this was pre season - rooneys managerial career cant be used as a yardstick either, there's nothing to lose at derby at the moment so the pressure is completely off him - if there's no suitable options now then we have to go with Dunc even if it is until the end of the season as we have to get the next one right

The yes guys are mental. No offence just how I feel.

He's doing an admirable job at Derby considering the circumstances but that in no way qualifies him whatsoever for the Everton job

As a Derby fan who was just having a look to see if you are nicking our manager this is my take.
Lampard - very stubborn. Plays to dominate possession often at the expense of making progress. You'd think he's better with the media but he can't actually handle criticism very well when things go bad. Generated a great relationship with our fans. There was a good relationship between him and the players but also a bit of a drinking culture which he took part in - blew up a bit after he left Google Keogh, Lawrence for details

Rooney - again stubborn. Plays out from back at all costs but style of play is a bit more progressive - more willing to play forward if it risks losing possession. He's more pragmatic than Lampard Very big on working hard in training - it doesn't matter who you are if you don't work you don't play. Surprisingly keeps his cool very well on the touchline and in the media. As some of you have said people think he's thick because he's a kid from a council estate but he's anything but - he's very measured - doesn't get too high or too low and keeps his eye on the long term war and doesn't get too caught up in one battle.

You'll guess I'd take Rooney 100% of the time - though I'm not saying Lampard would do a poor job. That said I don't think Rooney is ready for a big Prem job and I don't think he's a short term manager - he had a terrible run at the end of last season and if we could have afforded to sack him I reckon we would.

Good luck anyway.
Thanks for posting.

I don't think (actually, I know) our fans enjoy 'possession for possessions sake' football, so on that alone Rooney would appear to be above Lampard.

I wouldn't be against the idea of bringing him in, I'm sure he'd get us playing football the supporters enjoy.

For all his detractors, Moyes had us playing some great stuff the final few seasons. All based on effort and application, it sounds like Rooney has the same approach.

As a Derby fan who was just having a look to see if you are nicking our manager this is my take.
Lampard - very stubborn. Plays to dominate possession often at the expense of making progress. You'd think he's better with the media but he can't actually handle criticism very well when things go bad. Generated a great relationship with our fans. There was a good relationship between him and the players but also a bit of a drinking culture which he took part in - blew up a bit after he left Google Keogh, Lawrence for details

Rooney - again stubborn. Plays out from back at all costs but style of play is a bit more progressive - more willing to play forward if it risks losing possession. He's more pragmatic than Lampard Very big on working hard in training - it doesn't matter who you are if you don't work you don't play. Surprisingly keeps his cool very well on the touchline and in the media. As some of you have said people think he's thick because he's a kid from a council estate but he's anything but - he's very measured - doesn't get too high or too low and keeps his eye on the long term war and doesn't get too caught up in one battle.

You'll guess I'd take Rooney 100% of the time - though I'm not saying Lampard would do a poor job. That said I don't think Rooney is ready for a big Prem job and I don't think he's a short term manager - he had a terrible run at the end of last season and if we could have afforded to sack him I reckon we would.

Good luck anyway.
Can you write something similar about Rondon or Iwobi and post it on a Newcastle forum please mate.

I'm almost wavering on saying yes to Rooney after this post.

Thanks for posting.

I don't think (actually, I know) our fans enjoy 'possession for possessions sake' football, so on that alone Rooney would appear to be above Lampard.

I wouldn't be against the idea of bringing him in, I'm sure he'd get us playing football the supporters enjoy.

For all his detractors, Moyes had us playing some great stuff the final few seasons. All based on effort and application, it sounds like Rooney has the same approach.
Our fans will enjoy whatever football as long as it has us doing well

I think it's a lie that any fans have a preference really

Look at our recently departed manager. We hated his football because we were crap. But the RS loved him because he actually won stuff despite them apparently being advocates of great football and hating negative managers

I would support him but I wouldn’t hire him. I actually want to see what happens with derby . It’s actually nice seeing a team galvanised and performing against all the odds . I hope they stay up and he’s a massive part of it , happy for jags too

It makes me laugh that people saying no to Rooney but want Graham Potter, Rooney has won the lot as a player, has played under the best manager in football history and yet people would prefer Potter because he is currently having a good spell at Brighton. Believe me if you saw some of the football Brighton have played under Potter he would have been sacked by now at Everton. Potter has won nothing and done nothing. Yes Rooney is inexperienced as a manager but he gets the club which is a common thing amongst Evertonians wanting their manager to understand. I would sooner have Rooney than Lampard, Mourinho and in that I include Potter. In my opinion Potter is the new English manager that the media and the sport latch on to during a good spell because he is English. If he was truly any good then why didnt United go for him instead of Rangnick

Status
Not open for further replies.