Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have him over some of the other candidates being bandied about by the press. He would as many have stated be a massive risk. But perhaps less of a risk than others given the fact that he is currently keeping an absolute basket case of a club; he knows what a shambles we are; he knows many of the players already. One thing would be essential with Rooney would be a Good Behaviour clause, whereby any shenanigans undertaken whilst employed by Everton would lead to dismissal without compensation. We cant have him coming here and banging a load of old skirt making us even more of a laughing stock than we are already.

The one thing Rooney has in his favour is that when he tells our bravehearts to get some desire, a bit of bottle and play like they deserve their big wage they can't look at him and think "It's easy for you to say".....the mans done it, he had every attribute in the book to become arguably the best in the world at one point, and they know it.

He'll get far more respect than a Nuno, Potter or Martinez. He'd not fear stripping a few of our wage thieves of their Everton careers and would have the nouse not to fall out with our few good players. Still baffled how we let Digne go then sacked the fat melt a few days later.

He has the metal. He knows our players that go through the motions. At least they won't get a game.

This. So much this. Prepared to swerve the lack of experience( experienced managers havent exactly done it here lately) and go with exactly what you say. His desire and hunger. I think he'll drop kick one or two here from a great height and let them know a few home truths. And let him learn here as he goes along.
I'd like Potter. But i dont think that's going to happen. But Rooney walking through doors. Hungry. Dont think its the worst shout in the world right now for Everton.

The one thing Rooney has in his favour is that when he tells our bravehearts to get some desire, a bit of bottle and play like they deserve their big wage they can't look at him and think "It's easy for you to say".....the mans done it, he had every attribute in the book to become arguably the best in the world at one point, and they know it.

He'll get far more respect than a Nuno, Potter or Martinez. He'd not fear stripping a few of our wage thieves of their Everton careers and would have the nouse not to fall out with our few good players. Still baffled how we let Digne go then sacked the fat melt a few days later.
Sign for us lad when u get good sign for a better club....like I did.

This. So much this. Prepared to swerve the lack of experience( experienced managers havent exactly done it here lately) and go with exactly what you say. His desire and hunger. I think he'll drop kick one or two here from a great height and let them know a few home truths. And let him learn here as he goes along.
I'd like Potter. But i dont think that's going to happen. But Rooney walking through doors. Hungry. Dont think its the worst shout in the world right now for Everton.
Yes, only a few will have the passion to help us and not need the pay packet. Boyhood Evertonian he knows the history and doesn't want us to fall through the trap door. I perish the thought of Championship football next season. The powers that be have to get this appointment right. Potter won't come why should he?So we have to turn inward to true blues for leadership.

I would take a chance on him. But not until the summer though. He has to finish the season with Derby. He will look a right mug if he is giving it the old in this together against the world stuff. Then trots off when we show him our knickers. And to be honest I would have a lot more respect for him if he finished the season with them.
With all he has achieved. To pull this off and get Derby to stay up, would be right up there. Surely as a manger you want to achieve something like that. To look back and say, yes I did that. Plus if it fails, well it was always going to anyway. The fact they even have a sniff is sommat else.

Let him finish the season, then. If we are going that way, get him then.

Sign for us lad when u get good sign for a better club....like I did.

….absolutely correct. I said it at the time, he was always going to move on one of the biggest football franchises in the world. Won virtually every honour available at club level, highest England goalscorer, globally famous & amongst the greatest players the country has produced.

Blokes with that talent are PLCs, Its naive to think he was ever going to stay at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.