Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….absolutely correct. I said it at the time, he was always going to move on one of the biggest football franchises in the world. Won virtually every honour available at club level, highest England goalscorer, globally famous & amongst the greatest players the country has produced.

Blokes with that talent are PLCs, Its naive to think he was ever going to stay at Everton.
He didn't have to leave when he was 17 years old.

It's a yes from me if it means he comes here instead of a former manager. Who knows he could turn out to be our own version of Stevey Me. He has learned is trade under some decent managers and he wouldn't be asking players to do anything he hasn't done before himself (on the pitch!)

…he was a superstar at that age, he not only went straight into a SAF Man Utd team he was one of their stars as well as an England regular. There’s little loyalty with professionals these days, especially when they are hot property with a host of representatives advising.

He was that good though

He scored a hat trick on his debut for United in the champions League. We got a lot of money for him at the time, of which we needed and the biggest club in the world at the time was banging on the door wanting him in their first time. You can't hold it against him for leaving imo.

Then all the heat of the moment badge stuff, you're getting so much stick from the fans you're bound to react especially with the aggressive nature of his game.

He was that good though

He scored a hat trick on his debut for United in the champions League. We got a lot of money for him at the time, of which we needed and the biggest club in the world at the time was banging on the door wanting him in their first time. You can't hold it against him for leaving imo.

Then all the heat of the moment badge stuff, you're getting so much stick from the fans you're bound to react especially with the aggressive nature of his game.
Diego Maradona didn't leave Argentina until he was 22. If he cant wait then "Wazza" could have.

I don't blame him for going but he couldn't wait to get off. I wouldn't have even minded if he went to one of the big Spanish clubs or something.

Diego Maradona didn't leave Argentina until he was 22. If he cant wait then "Wazza" could have.

I don't blame him for going but he couldn't wait to get off. I wouldn't have even minded if he went to one of the big Spanish clubs or something.
Football in completely different eras.

Status
Not open for further replies.