Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I would be amazed if he were actually ready yet and so I don’t want him. However if you force me into a straight choice between him and Bobby I think I might choose him. I just can’t believe it will be good for us to go back to Martinez. There is just no reason to believe Rooney is near ready. But there is no reason to think RM coming back will work either.

If the Derby managers name was Joe Bloggs nobody would mention him. Just because he played for us a while ago when he was largely useless , Jesus it’s ridiculous. Embarrassing. I seriously despair about our own fans. There’s a lad on the radio now saying all we ask for is you roll your sleeves up and put a shift in. No it isn’t. I want to see exciting attacking football. I want to to see winning and challenging for trophies. Sake

If the Derby managers name was Joe Bloggs nobody would mention him. Just because he played for us a while ago when he was largely useless , Jesus it’s ridiculous. Embarrassing. I seriously despair about our own fans. There’s a lad on the radio now saying all we ask for is you roll your sleeves up and put a shift in. No it isn’t. I want to see exciting attacking football. I want to to see winning and challenging for trophies. Sake

Who doesn't.
But we're a million miles away from that right now and i'll take some graft and a shift in given the league table. Thats the reality right now.

Largely useless?.. He was probably the best young player I’ve ever seen at that point, he took the world by storm as a teenager and in his early 20s and had an incredible career.

If he can get the team putting a shift in that’s 10 times what we have been getting recently.

I know most of you won't care about this, but bear with me.

Steve Nicol, when asked about this on ESPN said that Rooney is nowhere near being in a position to do this job. He said that he, Nicol,
had been a manager for six months and if he'd been offered the job at Liverpool or Everton there's no way he would have had anywhere enough experience to take the job at such big clubs as these.

I voted no, but if he came in he would have my backing. My issue biggest issue with Rooney is the constant paparazzi photos and stories of him banging strange Birds. It's a regular distraction and I seem to remember him taking time out for talks with Coleen after being caught when he was last here. I'm not sure about his football management, or ability, but I've had enough of the club being an unprofessional laughing stock.

I think Rooney will give us great insight into teams we will play in the Championship next season
Good planning Moshi

If Chelsea can take Lampard after Derby then why not? At least we can have that in common with Chelsea as well as sacking managers every year.

I didn't really think Rooney was ready yet. I think Rooney and Big Dunc as a pair might seem a bit neanderthal to many but it could work. But please not Martinez, please not Nuno.

If Chelsea can take Lampard after Derby then why not? At least we can have that in common with Chelsea as well as sacking managers every year.

I didn't really think Rooney was ready yet. I think Rooney and Big Dunc as a pair might seem a bit neanderthal to many but it could work. But please not Martinez, please not Nuno.
Yea, I think it’s worth pointing out that he was an utter disaster at Chelsea ….and did nothing different at derby.

for my mind, it’s an incredible gamble to appoint a very inexperienced manager to a job at a club in dire trouble both on and off the pitch.

what could possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back