Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not. Don't be fooled by this season. there is a siege mentality at Derby with the points deduction and the pressure is completely off the players. Last season they finished 1 point and place from relegation. He may become a good manager in time but now is not that time. Remember what our run in is like, we want to be well clear of trouble before we reach those fixtures. Appointing a novice for the feel good factor is madness. Also if he joined, his Asst Manger would be Big Dunc. Where is the proven tactical nous between those too?

Nothing wrong with a bit of siege mentality. In fact id effing love a bit of it.
There is no doubting he isnt going to be a master tactician or a philosopher on the touchline.
But would i take rooney and ferguson aggression and passion on the touchline for the rest of this season. To fcking right i would. Anyone would think we have class finesse players who need a good manager to get them playing. We havent. Get them grafting though and we might get something from that.

If the Derby managers name was Joe Bloggs nobody would mention him. Just because he played for us a while ago when he was largely useless , Jesus it’s ridiculous. Embarrassing. I seriously despair about our own fans. There’s a lad on the radio now saying all we ask for is you roll your sleeves up and put a shift in. No it isn’t. I want to see exciting attacking football. I want to to see winning and challenging for trophies. Sake
I take it that you have not been watching Everton for long. Rooney was the best teenage player I have seen at the club, by the way, I watched the teenage Harvey, Royle, Husband etc. they were all good teenagers, especially Royle, but, they weren't in the same league as young Rooney.

If the Derby managers name was Joe Bloggs nobody would mention him. Just because he played for us a while ago when he was largely useless , Jesus it’s ridiculous. Embarrassing. I seriously despair about our own fans. There’s a lad on the radio now saying all we ask for is you roll your sleeves up and put a shift in. No it isn’t. I want to see exciting attacking football. I want to to see winning and challenging for trophies. Sake

That went out the window when Carlo left. We've no money. Have to wait until the ground is built or uncle Uzi throws some ridiculous sponsorship money at us.

The thing now for me is purely getting our identity back. We've always been a grafting team. Our best teams had that but also the quality.

One step at a time. This "flowing attacking football" is just pipe dreams

DE278E81-3F19-4250-B48C-3DB44891C769.webp

This is the stat I meant yesterday regarding Rooney.

Yes, I’m impressed, but it’s completely unparalleled scenario, as there’s no pressure.

Derby finished last season with 1 win 15, and just about stayed up. He’s doing a great job but he’s totally inexperienced and just about survived his last relegation scrap.

I’d consider him, but not just yet. That’s not to say he’s not done amazing this year.

I take it that you have not been watching Everton for long. Rooney was the best teenage player I have seen at the club, by the way, I watched the teenage Harvey, Royle, Husband etc. they were all good teenagers, especially Royle, but, they weren't in the same league as young Rooney.
Was incredible for us, that was the most exciting time I’ve had as a blue watching his rise, even though it was short lived. Really at the time thought he would go on to be one of the best ever, never seen anything like it.

Maybe at the end of the season, but I'd like Wayne Rooney to stay on with Derby County and finish the job he's doing rather than just walking out on them. Mind you, he's shown no loyalty to his wife, so why would he to a football club?.

Nothing wrong with a bit of siege mentality. In fact id effing love a bit of it.
There is no doubting he isnt going to be a master tactician or a philosopher on the touchline.
But would i take rooney and ferguson aggression and passion on the touchline for the rest of this season. To fcking right i would. Anyone would think we have class finesse players who need a good manager to get them playing. We havent. Get them grafting though and we might get something from that.
Why wouldn’t he be a master technician though, his persona of not being bright May work against what people think of him.
He’s played under top managers and he will have learned plenty.
I’m sure Martinez, Silva and Benitez came with reputation of being good tactically, when the going got tough they fell short.
You don’t do what Derby are doing with lesser players and no transfers, purely on passion.
They have to be tactically sound too.

Why wouldn’t he be a master technician though, his persona of not being bright May work against what people think of him.
He’s played under top managers and he will have learned plenty.
I’m sure Martinez, Silva and Benitez came with reputation of being good tactically, when the going got tough they fell short.
You don’t do what Derby are doing with lesser players and no transfers, purely on passion.
They have to be tactically sound too.

To be honest i was cutting him some slack and not trying to build him up to much. He could well have. But it would be silly to over hype to much this early.
One thing i think he def has right now is passion. And you can up that imo coming into Everton.
It may be crazy but i think Rooney at Everton isn't as ludicrous as i thought at first.

Its a No for me, but if he did come in he will be hand picked his staff instead of him picking his own no doubt, the people at Derby may do a good job for him, but to me he would auto be given lots of people at Everton already to work with

No.

Not yet. He needs to prove his management credentials and be long clear of scandal in his personal life before he is an acceptable candidate.

Maybe in a few years, but hopefully whoever we get will be a raging success and Rooney's name will never be up for discussion again but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back