• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time he'd POSSIBLY be willing to take a wage cut that would theoretically make such a deal possible, he wouldn't be worth having.

A 35 year old Wayne Rooney is not what I want to see at Everton Football Club.

As eloquently put elsewhere, he'll go to the MLS as he has designs on being a Beckham-esque figure in his latter career stages/post-football. Hence him agreeing to raise his media profile by doing the BBC1 documentary with Gary Lineker next week, similar to the one Gerrard did on Sky.

Not sure if this is for the Everton forum or not, but given his current form, that has by all accounts been going on for the last 12 months, would you spend our transfer budget to bring him back to Goodison next summer?

He will be 30 by then, still a good 3 years of service.

Wow, this really does have the feel of an early hours nothing thread. I'm guessing our summer budget will be 20 million, so no chance of buying him... But stranger things have happened.
Not in a million years.

The Rooney ship sailed when he signed his last extension with United. If he would have waited it out and be willing to come on a free for say 100k a week then I could see that happening.

We won't be spending any transfer money because he won't be worth what it would actually cost to get him. I think it is perfectly understandable to stay at Man U and make 3x more than come home, but I also think that he never plays for the Blues again, unless another testimonial happens. I think the Ferguson match brought some form of closure for him and the majority of the fans. I seriously doubt he kisses the man u badge while playing against Everton ever again. Once he retires I could see him being involved in the club some and being a more vocal supporter.

By the time he'd POSSIBLY be willing to take a wage cut that would theoretically make such a deal possible, he wouldn't be worth having.

A 35 year old Wayne Rooney is not what I want to see at Everton Football Club.

As eloquently put elsewhere, he'll go to the MLS as he has designs on being a Beckham-esque figure in his latter career stages/post-football. Hence him agreeing to raise his media profile by doing the BBC1 documentary with Gary Lineker next week, similar to the one Gerrard did on Sky.

Beckham's winnets have more charm and charisma than rooney

See that thing in the dressing room were hes just become englands highest ever goal scorer surpassing a national hero and he can't say anything other than dull platitudes and cliches

Theres a beautiful parallel world out there where hes scraping chewie off a train station seat for 6 quid an hour

He has been awful for them this season, hasn't been the same player for them since he played at Goodison in blue.

To be honest by the end of this season i cant see him still being good enough to get in our side.

No
maxresdefault.jpg
This young lad will hopefully surpass him.

what happened to him as a player by the way, everytime he gets the ball now he just seems to play the easy pass and lightly jog ahead. he used to actually run with it and beat people, the rooney now is far away from the rooney that played with tevez and ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back