• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
A move away from OT is probably what he needs to get the most out of whatever playing years he has left. He's a terrific footballer, and still would be an asset to just about any team even if he's not banging in 20 goals a season any more.

Would I take him back? Sure, IF he came into our wage structure. So it would be entirely up to him. Couldn't really see it happening myself, but if he came to us and said "I'll play for you if you pay me whatever the current highest earner is getting." then I couldn't really say no to that.

If he really wanted it he'd have sorted something out before he last extended his contract, he chose the money. He could still offer us something but not that great to go ott to get him like we would have to. The rots set in with him aswell, hes not like a giggs that can go on for ever

It's a Rooney masterplan. Play crap this season so UTD sell for a reduced fee next summer to get him off the wage bill (think van Persie, Berbatov, etc.). He comes to us on a greatly reduced wage for a couple of seasons until the Beckham MLS team is up and running then he sods off to the US for one last big pay day.

Even if he doesn't go the MLS I can see UTD wanting rid soon as they don't seem to keep the older players on big wages. There has been the odd exception but I don't believe Rooney would be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back