• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i do think he needs to move back here to kick-start his career so to speak. he could easily take the requested wage decrease, he's earned enough for 20 lifetimes, will he? probably not.

not too arsed either way, i wouldn't go over £15m in fee terms, he'd be a top signing no doubts, think the ship has sailed for now anyway.

To be honest I think he is in decline and while it would be good to have him I wouldn't lose sleep looking for him.

He has spent his prime at Man U and whether or not he would want to play out the Autumn of his career here is neither here nor there to me. I'm more interested in young upcoming talent than superannuated 30 somethings indulging in a "homecoming" when no longer able to cut the mustard at the very top.

No
maxresdefault.jpg
This young lad will hopefully surpass him.
I think Ross will eventually be lured away by the by one of the billionaire clubs. But I think the chances of him coming back and kissing one of their skanky badges is zero. This diamond has got class !

I think if his current form continues then United would be delighted to get him off there wage bill for nothing. His wages would still be more than he's worth though.

If you add up the wages of some of our dead wood, the figure isn't too far off Rooney' wages, but that money would now be better of being spent elsewhere on different parts of the squad. This is because Barkley is currently doing just as good a job as Rooney would in the number 10 position. It would be stupid to spend money on Rooney now, let someone else waste their money on him.

Reactions: rbm
Whether I want him back or if we can afford his wages is a separate question. But just imagine him playing in the derby along with Barkley, Lukaku, Stones etc. How fired up would he be?! It will do wonders for Barkley's learning curve and will give us a much needed experience up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back