• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is for the Everton forum or not, but given his current form, that has by all accounts been going on for the last 12 months, would you spend our transfer budget to bring him back to Goodison next summer?

He will be 30 by then, still a good 3 years of service.

Wow, this really does have the feel of an early hours nothing thread. I'm guessing our summer budget will be 20 million, so no chance of buying him... But stranger things have happened.

Can't see Coleen agreeing to him taking a pay cut so, with that, and the length of his contract, it's an academic question really.

I'd love a fit, hungry Rooney to pull on the Royal Blue again, but it's not going to happen

Surely we'd be more successful if we had someone to score goals though mate?

Well he's only got 1 less than Lukaku this season so knock off one against Barnsley and they're all square.

And in 2005 we finished 4th when our striker scored 6 league goals all season.

He'd improve us, he did improve us in August v Villareal, I saw it with my own eyes. I'd have him back if he was up to the job, but not if he's past it.

But we really need to stop doing this to ourselves, he isn't ever playing for us competitively ever again, while he still has any semblance of talent.

It's not going to happen. I'm very happy to be proved wrong.

VAULT ME

He has so much money that he could do anything with his life.

If it really made him happy to come back and play for us for £80k per week then he could do it.

I'm not so sure that he and his family love money as much as say the Beckhams.

I doubt it will happen but it wouldn't shock me.

I actually think it would be a great thing for him and us.

When he came on for us against Villareal he looked like a kid playing in the school yard. He looked free of the shackles of OT and England duties. He looked genuinely happy.

But wouldn't have him unless its pro bono, or at least on a massively reduced wedge. And not if he's 35.

He has so much money that he could do anything with his life.

If it really made him happy to come back and play for us for £80k per week then he could do it.

I'm not so sure that he and his family love money as much as say the Beckhams.

I doubt it will happen but it wouldn't shock me.

I actually think it would be a great thing for him and us.

Wouldn't that be like a 70% plus drop in his wages ? I can't think of an example of a player taking that kind of drop ever .

It's small-time mentality to dream that he will come back to us, and we don't need him anyway, we're building a young exciting team at the moment, would be stupid to spend so much money on a 30+ yeard old.

He'd improve us, he did improve us in August v Villareal, I saw it with my own eyes. I'd have him back if he was up to the job, but not if he's past it.

But we really need to stop doing this to ourselves, he isn't ever playing for us competitively ever again, while he still has any semblance of talent.

It's not going to happen. I'm very happy to be proved wrong.

VAULT ME
He rolled back about 10 years at that game, and it was ridiculous how much better we looked, to be honest.

Still maintain that Ferguson ruined him by sanitising his play.

We won't see him in royal blue for a competitive game again though.

It's small-time mentality to dream that he will come back to us, and we don't need him anyway, we're building a young exciting team at the moment, would be stupid to spend so much money on a 30+ yeard old.

It's controversial but Andy Grey came in in similar circumstances in the mid 80's. I'm not saying we should sign Rooney, but there can be a place for winners coming to the end of their career.

It's controversial but Andy Grey came in in similar circumstances in the mid 80's. I'm not saying we should sign Rooney, but there can be a place for winners coming to the end of their career.

I mean it's okay if he comes, i just don't want to see our fans always talking about him, like they still haven't moved on from 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back