• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, Duncan's testimonial was a nice occasion for him but Rooney is still the definition of a Judas. He left us for money and trophies and while nobody can blame him I will be absolutely disgusted if he comes back to play for us.
isnt that almost the complete opposite of a Judas? Judas did things for money and nobody could say 'yeah, can see why he did it'. If everyone agrees it was a good move for him, how is that him being a Judas?

We said it this summer with Stones, you have to look at it from the players perspective. He did things for the betterment of his career and, lets be honest, its nto like he plays all that well against us unlike, say, Gerrard.

He may be just going through a bad patch but he does look quite ordinary at the moment.
He still has a long term contract at Utd where he is on silly money.
I think that Utd might be prepared to let him go for surprisingly little money in the summer, but Rooney cannot leave without taking a huge financial haircut and that won't happen.
I think he will be MLS bound in a couple of seasons.

Actually I felt sorry for him. For all the fame and wealth he has accumulated he appeared to me to be a prisoner in a world controlled by his management team, his employers and his wife. Given he is the principal reason for their wealth and the earnings of those around him, I found that odd.

That documentary last night was actually quite depressing. It's like the Wayne Rooney who played for Everton got injured and was never the same again. Sure, he has been a great player for United, but in a very different way. They've only seen fleeting glimpses of the direct, fearless, arrogant force of nature he was around 2003-2004.

It's like United coached the best part of his game (direct, attacking aggression) out of him while improving and polishing the other parts of his game (passing, awareness etc). He was the most exciting player I've seen in an Everton shirt, yet he hasn't been exciting for years even though he's won all sorts of trophies and scored a record number of England goals. That's pretty sad.

He may be just going through a bad patch but he does look quite ordinary at the moment.
He still has a long term contract at Utd where he is on silly money.
I think that Utd might be prepared to let him go for surprisingly little money in the summer, but Rooney cannot leave without taking a huge financial haircut and that won't happen.
I think he will be MLS bound in a couple of seasons.
He was pretty poor last year aswell, the decline has started, he was never gonna be like a giggs who'd go on til towards 40 unless he drops deeper into midfield but he seems reluctant to do that

Just watched it. God, he was good.

Seems a decent bloke, achieved pretty much all he, realistically, could. And a pretty impressive line up of players to say nice things about him must say something.

Always a blue? At heart, I reckon.

This i reckon. He seems a lad who likes the simple life at heart. I know it was only an hours documentary but it came across to me though that even though he has all the wealth etc all he really craves are the home comforts of his youth and the surrounding areas of where he was born.

Also amazing watching the footage how much he has changed as a player. Up to leaving Everton he truly was fearless taking players on with ease etc. Nothing like what we have seen at United for the last good few years. It isn't just age either that's effected the way he plays, definitely coaching and management also.

All Rooney-related threads need to be banned.

He is not coming back to us at least until his 300k per week contract at United either runs out or is terminated. By the time that happens, he's going to be too old to be of use.

Besides, Duncan's testimonial was a nice occasion for him but Rooney is still the definition of a Judas. He left us for money and trophies and while nobody can blame him I will be absolutely disgusted if he comes back to play for us.
What are you saying ? Judas committed suicide by hanging:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back