• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
This i reckon. He seems a lad who likes the simple life at heart. I know it was only an hours documentary but it came across to me though that even though he has all the wealth etc all he really craves are the home comforts of his youth and the surrounding areas of where he was born.

It is funny, and I guess it must be the same where ever you are from, but at the Spurs game last season, we had a mod meet up, and it was the first time I had been back to Liverpool for years.

Even though I left when was 7, it still holds a spell over you. Still home. Even though it isnt.

Getting Rooney in next summer or even in January for £12mil or thereabouts would be great business if he fit into the wage structure.

I think the younger players could learn a lot from him and the squad would benefit from his experience. Also the profile of the club internationally would benefit too.

Hed be 30 then and good for 3 more seasons and i think would have so much passion the entire team would benefit.

Its a signing that benefits the club in almost every way, however any other 30 year olds or players approaching that age i would never want us to spend money on. We need to keep building a young side.

Well his love of Everton and that of his families shone through. I thought they came across as a nice couple myself, very happy to show their affection for each other and the kids comfort around them seemed to confirm a happy house.

He's never been fully comfortable in front of the cameras though and the centre of attention like that so there was awkward moments at times, the best bits we're things like him chatting to the old girl who lived next door to Coleens mum and dad I thought, and also his mum talking about the Arsenal game. How she didn't see the goal and having to ask who scored, I'm sure she's seen it a few times since though.

All in all he just comes across as a product of his environment. He's a fella who's found himself on the world stage through talent and skill but isn't as comfortable out of comfort zone and likes his privacy.

isnt that almost the complete opposite of a Judas? Judas did things for money and nobody could say 'yeah, can see why he did it'. If everyone agrees it was a good move for him, how is that him being a Judas?

We said it this summer with Stones, you have to look at it from the players perspective. He did things for the betterment of his career and, lets be honest, its nto like he plays all that well against us unlike, say, Gerrard.

You can see why Judas did his actions for money. Because cash is king. Doesn't make it right at all.

I'd have Rooney back here in a heart beat but it's never ever going to happen .

I think Everton would be the only place he could rediscover his hunger for the game fully . He's won everything there is bar the FA cup at club level.

But he's never going to be affordable even if he drops his wages by half.

Great P.R excercise that documentary last night. I'd have him back in the morning. His window to return would be next summer or forget it.

Held a serious grudge against him but basically that was down to the hurt I felt we couldn't do anything to stop him leaving. Bill was penniless (Still is) and the banks (still are) needed cash. Stretford knew he has an asset on his hands and advised him to leave. His love for the club still was evident last night.

Welcome back Wayne you greedy bugger

Well he's only got 1 less than Lukaku this season so knock off one against Barnsley and they're all square.

And in 2005 we finished 4th when our striker scored 6 league goals all season.
61 points is not getting 4th spot this year neither is a team whose striker scores only 6 goals.

He has so much money that he could do anything with his life.

If it really made him happy to come back and play for us for £80k per week then he could do it.

I'm not so sure that he and his family love money as much as say the Beckhams.

I doubt it will happen but it wouldn't shock me.

I actually think it would be a great thing for him and us.
Does he have enough to buy the club?

Rooney is simply an example of the world of football these days. It is almost like the players are taken out of thw whole equation when it comes to the circles they are involved in. As long as rooney is on the pitch then everyone is happy, makes no odds on what happens off it (leading onto the depression in the game stats). The minute it starts going tits up the agent gets them to move and start over again.

for example won't happen but rooney coming back here after a poor couple of seasons at united, can be marketed as a heros return so to speak rather than us buying him. Puts more coins in peoples hands, more media coverage and keeps the circus going a little bit longer. Then when the ride is over, they get shipped to america to get the spotlight back on them for a little bit longer again.

Imagine what life is like sometimes for your messis/ronaldos! For all the money in the world, it cant be an easy life they lead off the pitch.

As for rooney coming back, anyone who thinks he would be past it, you forget the oppertunity he will be faced with.

Rooney would have lived out the successful career all players dream of getting, broken records, won trophies and medals and made a ton of money. But coming back to everton he would get to be 19 year old wayne again, playing for his boyhood club and not have the same stress as he does at united. He may not score 30 + goals but you would see a player back to enjoying his game again with a crowd behind him, that will count for a lot.

but i wont hold my breath on him returning, i'd love him to but i cant see it. He left for the right reasons and if it wasn't for the snake of an agent there would be a lot more people who backed him for doing so.

Rooney is simply an example of the world of football these days. It is almost like the players are taken out of thw whole equation when it comes to the circles they are involved in. As long as rooney is on the pitch then everyone is happy, makes no odds on what happens off it (leading onto the depression in the game stats). The minute it starts going tits up the agent gets them to move and start over again.

for example won't happen but rooney coming back here after a poor couple of seasons at united, can be marketed as a heros return so to speak rather than us buying him. Puts more coins in peoples hands, more media coverage and keeps the circus going a little bit longer. Then when the ride is over, they get shipped to america to get the spotlight back on them for a little bit longer again.

Imagine what life is like sometimes for your messis/ronaldos! For all the money in the world, it cant be an easy life they lead off the pitch.
V harsh

To be fair to Beckham he donated his entire PSG wages to charity and seems like a really good guy the amount of charities and such he is involved with. Other than that I completely agree with everything else you said. Doubt it but wouldn't be shocked.
This the PSG in France where they demand 50% or 60% in tax of your wages. Tax dodging that's all fella.

Do some of you expect Rooney to walk away from 300k a week to play for us for about 100 k a week, plus pay around 30 million for him. Plus he past his best. Lol bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back