Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard one of the reporters saying there should be a Rooney statue erected outside Old trafford.

PicsArt_01-22-11.17.23.webp

I know he gets a bit of stick but you can't knock his record and quality, looking at the highlights yesterday and was thinking what might have been.
Had our board at the time shown any ambition to try and build a team around him and keep him for a few more years and you never know we may have been challenging up and around the top.

I know he gets a bit of stick but you can't knock his record and quality, looking at the highlights yesterday and was thinking what might have been.
Had our board at the time shown any ambition to try and build a team around him and keep him for a few more years and you never know we may have been challenging up and around the top.

...it's going over old ground, but I don't think that was ever likely to happen. I know folk are passionate about their club but a talent like Rooney had to put sentiment to one side and join one of the biggest sides in world football. It was the right move for him and it's a bit romantic to think he should've stayed.

Love him or loathe him, you cant deny his great career. As previous posters said, he is his club and countrys leading goalscorer, won every domestic trophy and a chaps league. Yes, he has played in a top team with great players around him, but he has had to be a good player to play at a top club. Well done to him I say.

Shame he didn't become a legend for us. But at the time, things were very different for our great club. There was no way we could afford to keep him and I really think selling him saved us. I got us to a situation we could buy a couple of players later on. Likes of Cahill and Arteta came in.

Ironic now I think he'd of stayed for a few more seasons. I used to hope one day he'd come back, but I don't think he will now as we are trying to reduce the age of our squad and we have money now. He left when we had none and likely won't come back because we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back