Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he come back? Very unlikely I think, but if he did, where would he fit in the team?

I'd like to think if he did this January, we'd get a season and a half out of him, maybe replacing Mirallas, behind Rom, good combination with Ross. It could give us a push on into top 4/5 this year, then a season in Europe and a higher reputation for the club. Then off to the States/China.

Or he could just do the rest of the season at ManUre, then to China where he can get duck in oyster sauce on tap., gaining a couple of pounds and lbs.

Will he come back? Very unlikely I think, but if he did, where would he fit in the team?

I'd like to think if he did this January, we'd get a season and a half out of him, maybe replacing Mirallas, behind Rom, good combination with Ross. It could give us a push on into top 4/5 this year, then a season in Europe and a higher reputation for the club. Then off to the States/China.

Or he could just do the rest of the season at ManUre, then to China where he can get duck in oyster sauce on tap., gaining a couple of pounds and lbs.

Weirdly my brother in law wants him back just to have to attract that next class of player

I can see his point.

I get it in terms of it potentially being a quick fix. If united didn't want him he would prossibly come here to see out his career but I just don't see how it would work from a practical point of view. Would he start week in week out? What would united want for him and would he take a wage cut? If he doesn't start what's the point in bringing in a 30 odd year old on the downward trajectory in his career, would that class of player that we want see through our plan and think he's past it anyway? I just don't know haha

I get it in terms of it potentially being a quick fix. If united didn't want him he would prossibly come here to see out his career but I just don't see how it would work from a practical point of view. Would he start week in week out? What would united want for him and would he take a wage cut? If he doesn't start what's the point in bringing in a 30 odd year old on the downward trajectory in his career, would that class of player that we want see through our plan and think he's past it anyway? I just don't know haha

Deffo a complex equation, but he'd raise our profile instantly and we'd attract a better standard of player just on account of him being here I reckon.

Would be the best player in our side by a mile, since he's the best player in the united side by a mile.

I'd take him

I wouldn't say he's the best player in their side by a mile, Herrera has been outstanding, can't spell his name after a few Brooklyns but that lad from Dortmund has really grown into the side as the seasons gone on. De Gea is absolute top class. Don't get me wrong I work with a few mancs and I think some have selective memory's. most wouldn't put him in their all time team. The mans who's their top scorer!

I wouldn't say he's the best player in their side by a mile, Herrera has been outstanding, can't spell his name after a few Brooklyns but that lad from Dortmund has really grown into the side as the seasons gone on. De Gea is absolute top class. Don't get me wrong I work with a few mancs and I think some have selective memory's. most wouldn't put him in their all time team. The mans who's their top scorer!
Says more about mancs than anything bobby lad x

Deffo a complex equation, but he'd raise our profile instantly and we'd attract a better standard of player just on account of him being here I reckon.

I get the profile, I agree on that but given our press would it be viewed in a positive spin? Can he play the game Koeman wants us to?

The high press? I think so, I think he'd thrive in those tactics and maybe it'd awaken a bit of the old 'street footballer' in him.

Yes mate that's what I meant sorry. Week in week out though. I know earlier on in his career he was a terrier but now? It's hard to say as he's been pushed all over the pitch for united and played mostly in teams bar the past few years that have played with a certain panache. The year they had him, Ronaldo and Tevez as an attacking 3 they played some breathtaking counter attacking football in fairness. I suppose if you managed him properly we could play him as and when he would be most effective. I can imagine him coming back here with a quality team around him and the feel good factor Moshiri and a new ground would cause could make him believe he could finally win something with his boyhood team. Sod it, I'm sold. Get out the cheque book Mosh, I'm going to need a limo prepped to get me to Alderly Edge asap. Il have him signed by 6am, treat him to a Maccies breakfast to let him know we mean business. Sod it, he can have a double sausage and egg meal. Il have him at Finch Farm for the unveiling by 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back