Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate that's what I meant sorry. Week in week out though. I know earlier on in his career he was a terrier but now? It's hard to say as he's been pushed all over the pitch for united and played mostly in teams bar the past few years that have played with a certain panache. The year they had him, Ronaldo and Tevez as an attacking 3 they played some breathtaking counter attacking football in fairness. I suppose if you managed him properly we could play him as and when he would be most effective. I can imagine him coming back here with a quality team around him and the feel good factor Moshiri and a new ground would cause could make him believe he could finally win something with his boyhood team. Sod it, I'm sold. Get out the cheque book Mosh, I'm going to need a limo prepped to get me to Alderly Edge asap. Il have him signed by 6am, treat him to a Maccies breakfast to let him know we mean business. Sod it, he can have a double sausage and egg meal. Il have him at Finch Farm for the unveiling by 7

Sounds a bit rushed that, we usually drag it out a bit more haha.

My enduring memory of Rooney is the clattering of seats as people stood up when he got the ball. Sad that he had to go elsewhere to fulfill his career and there's a certain bitter sweetness to a Scouser being the all time record scorer there.

Sounds a bit rushed that, we usually drag it out a bit more haha.

My enduring memory of Rooney is the clattering of seats as people stood up when he got the ball. Sad that he had to go elsewhere to fulfill his career and there's a certain bitter sweetness to a Scouser being the all time record scorer there.

This is a new era mate! Times are a changin'.

It does grate on them. For me 2 moments stand out about his career. When he stood on the ball for us I think it was against Leeds and when he stopped argueing with the ref to smash in a howitser top bin for them. I feel mostly sad that was coached out of him

This is a new era mate! Times are a changin'.

It does grate on them. For me 2 moments stand out about his career. When he stood on the ball for us I think it was against Leeds and when he stopped argueing with the ref to smash in a howitser top bin for them. I feel mostly sad that was coached out of him
West Brom. Their average defender came out after the game saying he should have some respect haha

Edit: It was West Brom. Darren Moore was the player. Here's an article about him getting loads of abuse from Blues after he criticised him
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...10/12/darren-moore-recalls-wayne-rooney-spat/

Last edited:
China bound?
Never in a million. Couldn't bear to move to a southern club never mind across the earth.
Definitely moving nearer the exit door at OT.

...you lot know me, I love this footballer. I have never for once felt bitter about him leaving and have enjoyed watching him ply his trade knowing the lad from humble beginnings in Croxteth has reached such heights.

He's clearly still a talent and he still plays as if football matters. Saying that, he's not the force he was and he will know that himself. Regarding a return, I think much will depend on whether the Club see him as being a really high-profile recruit to help pioneer 'Project Everton'. It would be almost more of a political statement than a playing move. A move that would pay for itself by raising the club's profile and help make things happen.

...you lot know me, I love this footballer. I have never for once felt bitter about him leaving and have enjoyed watching him ply his trade knowing the lad from humble beginnings in Croxteth has reached such heights.

He's clearly still a talent and he still plays as if football matters. Saying that, he's not the force he was and he will know that himself. Regarding a return, I think much will depend on whether the Club see him as being a really high-profile recruit to help pioneer 'Project Everton'. It would be almost more of a political statement than a playing move. A move that would pay for itself by raising the club's profile and help make things happen.

Every transfer window that goes by it makes less sense to attempt to bring him back IMO, yeah would raise the profile of us etc (although sure as anythign the media would spin it to become he was finished which is why he left a big club for a retuirn home where a finished united player is good enoiugh to star for)

Beyond all that though, statement making etc, what has to be looked at more than anything is, would bringing him back imrpove us as a team - over the next 2-3 seasons over what we could do with the money it would cost otherwise. If the answers yes - then do it, if the answer no - then don't.

I honestly can't answer that question, as far too much sentimentality about him 'coming home' to be able to look at it impartially

Every transfer window that goes by it makes less sense to attempt to bring him back IMO, yeah would raise the profile of us etc (although sure as anythign the media would spin it to become he was finished which is why he left a big club for a retuirn home where a finished united player is good enoiugh to star for)

Beyond all that though, statement making etc, what has to be looked at more than anything is, would bringing him back imrpove us as a team - over the next 2-3 seasons over what we could do with the money it would cost otherwise. If the answers yes - then do it, if the answer no - then don't.

I honestly can't answer that question, as far too much sentimentality about him 'coming home' to be able to look at it impartially

Good points lads.

As I've always said, he'll not be coming back, ever.

Of course I've been wrong before.

He not good enough to win the majority of the fans on the pitch. He got no pace. Man u fans want rid due to him giving the ball away over and over. Have you heard the boos for barkley

Excellently put.

For me though I would hope that in Barkley and Davies we could perhaps have 2 of the biggest stars of the league, who are local and give the media no option to try and spin it as us still being a retirement home.

I want us to push on with a vibrant side packed full of young and peak level players who can become legends here. Not bring someone back who was advised by the like of Thomaz Radzinski to leave! I would sooner confine that sorry era to history.

Wayne was a fabulous player, but sadly he was just passing through here.

If Rooney ever signed, the media wouldn't start caring about Everton, they'd stop caring about Wayne Rooney.

Take away all the sentiment over Rooney for a moment. And all that's left is a rapidly declining player who would come nowhere near to justifying the huge wages he'd need, and struggle to nail down a position in our first team. With the very real danger that he'd block the progress of new academy graduates.

Lets look to the future, not the past.

He not good enough to win the majority of the fans on the pitch. He got no pace. Man u fans want rid due to him giving the ball away over and over. Have you heard the boos for barkley

Bit more to it than that with United fans mate, a lot of them never ever took to him - no matter what he's done - a fair few also hated the idea he was going to break Charltons record to the point they wanted him to leave rather than do it.

Couple that with Uniteds fall from the top - and he became a nice scapegoat for them. Imagine how much stick they'd have given him if he'd been missign the number of clear cut chances Zlatan did during that spell the other month...

As i said earlier - for me the deal is about one thing and one thing alone, would the use of the money it'd take to get him here be an improvement on how we could spend it on other players, thats all i care about - could end up with a player finished in a year and paying him hufge wages, or could end up with him having a renaisance and havign a good 3 years left on better form than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back