Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney is a bit of a weird one. I can only really see him excelling in a central midfield role now that he's lost his pace, but we've already got about 35 central midfielders.

First of all he would be free other than a sign on fee if Utd are buying out his contract so that's a lump of money saved right there. If his wages are 150k(which I doubt) that's 7.8mil per year of a likely 2/3 year contract...what he would bring would be more than worth that possibly in world wide awareness for the long term alone. If he is playing [Poor language removed] Koeman will sub him or not start him, nobody will tell Koeman who's in the match day squad. I think he would earn his place and be a great signing...
You see I don't get this world wide awareness nonsense, people don't follow Wayne like they do a Ronaldo or messi, they followed the brand Utd as soon as he's gone very few will give a rats ass. He's not going to sell a million extra shirts and even if he did I'm pretty sure under the kitbag thing we don't see a penny of it

Rooney is a bit of a weird one. I can only really see him excelling in a central midfield role now that he's lost his pace, but we've already got about 35 central midfielders.
Nah it's bad enough with Barry in there now and he actually has the experience in that role to read the play, Rooney would seriously struggle in there

You see I don't get this world wide awareness nonsense, people don't follow Wayne like they do a Ronaldo or messi, they followed the brand Utd as soon as he's gone very few will give a rats ass. He's not going to sell a million extra shirts and even if he did I'm pretty sure under the kitbag thing we don't see a penny of it

Ronaldo and Messi are bigger names yes but Rooney moving club would be world wide news, definitely! Whether it's because he's Man Utd captain or because he's Englands top scorer it doesn't matter it's news and it will reach some people who have never even heard of us...besides that he'd be a great signing

Nah it's bad enough with Barry in there now and he actually has the experience in that role to read the play, Rooney would seriously struggle in there

Don't agree, he's always been a very good footballer and has the tenacity to play in central midfield. That's not to say I think we should sign him to play there though, I think we've got more than enough central midfielders for a 50-60 game season.

why does anyone still think that despite mountain of evidence to the contrary? hes done full stop and if we get him it'll be to sell shirts around the world

why does anyone still think that despite mountain of evidence to the contrary? hes done full stop and if we get him it'll be to sell shirts around the world

I think he's got a good enough footballing brain to play there. Again though, I don't think it make sense to sign him for that position. We're strong enough.

I think he's got a good enough footballing brain to play there. Again though, I don't think it make sense to sign him for that position. We're strong enough.

serious question, how many times have you watched him play in last 2 seasons?

Ronaldo and Messi are bigger names yes but Rooney moving club would be world wide news, definitely! Whether it's because he's Man Utd captain or because he's Englands top scorer it doesn't matter it's news and it will reach some people who have never even heard of us...besides that he'd be a great signing
Disagree think at best we'd get a bit of extra press from the british press but that would quickly die down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back