Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best argument, with respect. You don't need to be able to run to play in central midfield.

His inconsistency in the last year is a bigger worry.
I'd say this day and age you need your midfielders to be mobile, the teams that have had success lately are built on this

Disagree think at best we'd get a bit of extra press from the british press but that would quickly die down

If you think that then fair enough...I've heard of players because of links to China/MLS that I hadn't heard of previously and they aren't anywhere near his status. What it comes down to is I want him with us, you don't, the rest are details and speculation

Would rather have Giroud and josh king to replace Lukaku, then Rooney. We'd have the pace of Sandro and King from wide areas and the physicality of giroud centrally. I really like siguardsson, but at 40m being quoted, we'd probably get King and Giroud for that.
Gana Schneiderlin
Klassen
King Giroud Sandro

You see I don't get this world wide awareness nonsense, people don't follow Wayne like they do a Ronaldo or messi, they followed the brand Utd as soon as he's gone very few will give a rats ass. He's not going to sell a million extra shirts and even if he did I'm pretty sure under the kitbag thing we don't see a penny of it
I think there would be an upturn in awareness for us if he signed as we are probably the only club where the would be a story. I think it would be short-lived though, 6 months possibly. Maybe this is where Moshiri was coming from by saying he doesn't see Rooney as value for money. I bet when it was first touted he thought about exposure for the club and got excited but when he's sat down and thought about it he just can't see it lasting. I can see a one year deal being offered as once the initial awareness has died down I can't see any other value he could bring to us.

Would rather have Giroud and josh king to replace Lukaku, then Rooney. We'd have the pace of Sandro and King from wide areas and the physicality of giroud centrally. I really like siguardsson, but at 40m being quoted, we'd probably get King and Giroud for that.
Gana Schneiderlin
Klassen
King Giroud Sandro

I'd prefer Giroud and King/Dembele too but wouldn't be upset with Rooney for Sigurdsson...He can play that left side very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back