Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to Alan Myers, we've signed enough potential and actual quality in this window for me to accept him as a squad player.

Rooney is not a big name in football anymore.

What top clubs would want to sign Rooney?

He can't get in the team that is 6th, but the team that is 7th thinks he'll push us past them?

He may only be 31, but his overall game over the past few years has been like that of a fella in their mid-thirties.

Ive been saying for beards now....sign him and we wont be losing a derby after that

Saying it all the time doesn't make it true.

Would take a hell of a lot more than him to change that. He would pull his tripe out for his true love (Manchester United) would he do it for us?

Rooney is not a big name in football anymore.

What top clubs would want to sign Rooney?

He can't get in the team that is 6th, but the team that is 7th thinks he'll push us past them?

He may only be 31, but his overall game over the past few years has been like that of a fella in their mid-thirties.

Not saying I want him to return.....but man urinated have played him all over the place, no consistent role in the last 5 years and every one of their fans will tell you he tried his heart out, whatever he was asked to do.

Form is dependent on being played in the right place and having a team around you that know what they are trying to achieve. Under SAF they knew what he plan was, since it has been a shambles.

Rooney was exceptional under SAF and not just about his age.

Not saying I want him to return.....but man urinated have played him all over the place, no consistent role in the last 5 years and every one of their fans will tell you he tried his heart out, whatever he was asked to do.

Form is dependent on being played in the right place and having a team around you that know what they are trying to achieve. Under SAF they knew what he plan was, since it has been a shambles.

Rooney hasn't been good since about 2011.

He has been moved all over the place because they've been trying to find a place for him in the team because he no longer has the pace nor ability to be a striker in this league.

Instead of trying to find a place for him now, Man Utd have finally realised it is better to get rid of the hasbeen on huge wages. Hopefully we aren't the mugs to take him.

Let him drain United's resources for the rest of his contract.

He was Exceptional under saf but that was like 5 years ago, of course everyone would've took that Rooney, by fergusons last season it was widely reported Rooney was going to get sold.

And it doesn't matter what form he's in when the legs simply can't keep up with play no more, even in carricks testimonial he looked the least fit player on the pitch and looked out his depth ffs

He cant even get into a really poor England team. He was captain and of course a record breaker and now they don't even want him. Says a lot to me that. Manchester United can replace him of course by buying players, England though?

He was Exceptional under saf but that was like 5 years ago, of course everyone would've took that Rooney, by fergusons last season it was widely reported Rooney was going to get sold.

And it doesn't matter what form he's in when the legs simply can't keep up with play no more, even in carricks testimonial he looked the least fit player on the pitch and looked out his depth ffs

Well, my post said 5 years ago and that I did not necessarily want Rooney .? Sheesh can't make an observation round here at all.

However if everton want him, I think they must have a specific reason/role in mind.

First of all he would be free other than a sign on fee if Utd are buying out his contract so that's a lump of money saved right there. If his wages are 150k(which I doubt) that's 7.8mil per year of a likely 2/3 year contract...what he would bring would be more than worth that possibly in world wide awareness for the long term alone. If he is playing [Poor language removed] Koeman will sub him or not start him, nobody will tell Koeman who's in the match day squad. I think he would earn his place and be a great signing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back