Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be an instant starter imo, not because he's good enough to do so but because Koeman will feel obliged to play him.

Very poor signing which will not end well.

Im not sure he will.

I'd happily have him around the squad. Up to him whether or not he wants to be starting. Don't think we will see the same player from United for the last season, but I dont think we'll see him at his very, very best either.

Would be delighted to see him back. He'll be unrecognisable to the player plodding around for the past two years – you could see how much he loved putting the Royal Blue at Duncan's testimonial, he just needs the old motivation back. It's not like we're signing Ginola and Gazza again, this will be a good deal for all.

If we'd signed no one at this point, and rooney looked like being the main part of our incomings I'd be really concerned.

After Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro and with likely more to come... got absolutely no problem with it. Particularly on loan as is being rumoured.

If true this is great news!

Koeman will have a few older heads in the team that all our young players can learn from.

Rooney, did suddenly become bad. Mismanagement and no games at United has had an effect. But his best weapons have always been his footballing brain and finishing and neither will have become bad with age.

Yeah, because Koeman has definitely seemed like the sort of manager to feel "obliged" to play someone.

If we have to pay him huge wages (which we obviously will) he isnt going sit on the bench and be used as a sub

Hes not going to leave a £250k a week job to sit on our bench for half that money.

Would be delighted to see him back. He'll be unrecognisable to the player plodding around for the past two years – you could see how much he loved putting the Royal Blue at Duncan's testimonial, he just needs the old motivation back. It's not like we're signing Ginola and Gazza again, this will be a good deal for all.
lol the same testimonial where a 40 year old sync was the best player on the pitch. He's been an embarrassment plying for Utd for the best part of 2 years doesn't matter what flame is reignited the legs can't do it

It's 2017 and KONE occupied our bench last season.

And VALENCIA.

Is ROONEY an upgrade on them?

Yep.

Will the 'homecoming' generate LOADS of press for the club?

Yep.

Giiiiiiiiirrrrrrt him in then...
The media attention around the club at the moment, I'm hoping to have a knock on effect on the amount of times we're shown live on tv. I know we'll be on live every European game, however we had 18 of our league games live on tv, last year I've no doubt the return of Rooney would increase that exposure. Possibly even starting with his 'homecoming' against stoke, as that would be the biggest story of the opening weekend. That is the only benefit I can see.

If we have to pay him huge wages (which we obviously will) he isnt going sit on the bench and be used as a sub

Hes not going to leave a £250k a week job to sit on our bench for half that money.
Most signs seem to be that it'll be a loan deal, so we'll be paying him nowhere near his current wages.

And I'm not saying he'll sit on the bench - IF he's playing well. But if you think Koeman is the sort to keep him in the side if he's not performing you're out of your tree tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back