Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been firmly in the Rooney yes camp as long as we weren't paying him extortionate wages and that he wasn't the be all and end all of our summer activity. From the sounds of it both these worries have been addressed.
It’s a world cup year and if playing for us and with the goal of making the world cup squad doesn't motivate him then nothing will.

Doesn't matter what the brain can still do if the body can't follow out the orders

I would like to think, like most bloooooooooooos. That if this does happen, he will have your full support like any other signing.

I dont think it'll be bad personally, I can understand ones concerns though

If we'd signed no one at this point, and rooney looked like being the main part of our incomings I'd be really concerned.

After Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro and with likely more to come... got absolutely no problem with it. Particularly on loan as is being rumoured.
Fair point this mate. I'm a bit indifferent on Rooney. Has experience but legs have gone. I'd rather keep Ross.
But, as you say, its not our main aim this summer. Plenty of 'bigger' signings and key positions filled already. Can't believe this summer spree. Made up.

Fair point this mate. I'm a bit indifferent on Rooney. Has experience but legs have gone. I'd rather keep Ross.
But, as you say, its not our main aim this summer. Plenty of 'bigger' signings and key positions filled already. Can't believe this summer spree. Made up.
One positive is I don't think Koeman will stand for any ****ing around from Rooney on the fitness front. He'll expect him to be in decent nick. Fits in with Rooney voluntarily coming back to start pre season like a fortnight ago.

Suspect if he signs we'll see Rooney fitter than what he's been last couple of years at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back