Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would be poor all round. Its a different Everton to the one he left. Everything is different Rooney just cannot cut it at this level
The players are hungry for success Rooney has had it with another club, I doubt he would be good to be I doubt him having a good relationship with Koeman, the whole thing seems a big risk the wages would be better off spent elsewere

He could have a role as meet and greet at the new stadium hospitality and corporate clients, they get shake his hand and have a selfie whilst the goal he scored against Arsenal plays on a loop in the background, in return he gets a `free meal` nothing else
I have my doubts over whether he still has anything left in the tank to contribute to Everton.
However I disagree with your point about koeman. Koeman spoke openly and warmly about Rooney' talents as a footballer last season and imo will be the main driver in bringing Rooney to the club. That doesn't suggest to me he will fall out with Rooney.

Welcome home Chump. The Prodigal son returns.... we all know how this goes don't we ala Eto'o, Ginola ,Gascoine, ect ect.

If he's fourth choice fine, if he's starting every week I am worried.

If this season pans out as we hope with League games, Europa League, FA Cup and what I still call the League Cup its going to be a busy first 5-6 months of the season! If those first 5-6 months are a reasonable success the next 3-4 months could be even busier! There will be very few if any who start every week!
If, and it still is if (!), Rooney comes back my thoughts for what they are worth are for what he brings to the squad it could well be a good thing even if its only for a couple of years! Look at all the other signings being made at the moment the average age of all of them is about 22, they will need players like Jagielka, Baines and even Barry around them in the squad, I don't just mean the match day squad, for at least twelve months and Rooney can add to that with the big game experience, the winning mentality and very simply the "nous" he would bring to the squad. The players I've mentioned along with Seamus "get" Everton, and we need them around for a bit longer to ensure that baton of "getting" Everton is passed on - I don't think there's any doubt that Rooney "gets" Everton. Despite what some say I think he's still a fan and it would appear that he's bringing his kids up as Everton fans! Even though he won't playing week in and week out, and some weeks him and others won't even make the bench just being in and around the squad he'll have an impact!
I may be in a minority of one here but in I think he is possibly coming back here with more to lose than to gain, and for that reason I think he'll be a very different Rooney to the one marginalised at OT last season! I'm guessing he'll be fitter, and far more motivated than he has been for a couple of years, at the same time I suspect he'll have been made very well aware of the fact by Mr Koeman that he's not going to be playing every game but in particular he will only get game time if he shows he has earned his place by performing on the training pitch!
I for one would give him a go and a chance even if only because I'd rather be going to the likes of across Stanley Park or OT with Rooney involved in and around the squad, and I suspect even the haters would be up off their feet cheering and going mental if by some chance he slotted the winner at those and other places we'll have to go and get a result or two next season!
Blue tinted glasses may be, but if it's the right deal for all parties, in particular Everton, and not just Rooney (!) give it a go and you never know you may enjoy the ride!
Apologies if that was a bit long winded, from the minority of one!!

You can tell this signing would split opinions rightly so, i remember loads saying barry is finished and he was a city reject, really slow etc,

but personally he proved everyone wrong been a good short term signing like i think rooney will be.

Barry has been a consummate professional his entire career.

Rooney, to put it lightly, has not been.

When we signed Barry, we were signing a player effectively four years younger than he was. With Rooney, we're very likely to be signing a player effectively four years older than he is.

I'd take him on loan, paying no more than £100k a week wages for a season, or a free transfer with the same wage on a two year deal, but that's impractical. He's not worth the outlay.

The age isn't the problem, it really is the condition. I was a fan of us signing Barry - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gareth-barry.59433/page-31#post-2210906 - but I'm certainly not a fan of getting Rooney.

Barry has been a consummate professional his entire career.

Rooney, to put it lightly, has not been.

When we signed Barry, we were signing a player effectively four years younger than he was. With Rooney, we're very likely to be signing a player effectively four years older than he is.

I'd take him on loan, paying no more than £100k a week wages for a season, or a free transfer with the same wage on a two year deal, but that's impractical. He's not worth the outlay.

The age isn't the problem, it really is the condition. I was a fan of us signing Barry - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gareth-barry.59433/page-31#post-2210906 - but I'm certainly not a fan of getting Rooney.

i was a fan off barry always rated him and i do agree, i wouldn't pay over the top but think we should give him a chance if koeman, walsh believe he can do a job thats enough for me, i agree with you completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back