Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna play devils advocate on a couple of points that keep being made-

1. Winning mentality to help us win the derby?
He was the England team captain that lost to Iceland in the Euros. The most embarrassing result possibly in the countries history in a team littered with talent couldn't get even one goal back in an hour against Iceland.

2. He's unfit?
Last year he couldn't give a damn. He knew he wasn't in Mourinho's first team and barely in his second team because Mourinho would never leave out Zlatan or Pogba irrespective of form. If he really works hard and has a point to prove he can get fit.

i was told something about rooney a couple of weeks ago. What i was told actually has nothing to do with football but does pretty much clarify that he will be staying in the northwest so he's only going to be here or at united next season imo

I'm gonna play devils advocate on a couple of points that keep being made-

1. Winning mentality to help us win the derby?
He was the England team captain that lost to Iceland in the Euros. The most embarrassing result possibly in the countries history in a team littered with talent couldn't get even one goal back in an hour against Iceland.

2. He's unfit?
Last year he couldn't give a damn. He knew he wasn't in Mourinho's first team and barely in his second team because Mourinho would never leave out Zlatan or Pogba irrespective of form. If he really works hard and has a point to prove he can get fit.

Iceland were a good unit that Euros and England had the worst manager that I can remember, no plan B and barely a plan A

His responsibility as a dad, is to futureproof his descendants prospects. Whatever earns him the most money should govern his decision...I suggest that rules out a return to Everton

His responsibility as a dad, is to futureproof his descendants prospects. Whatever earns him the most money should govern his decision...I suggest that rules out a return to Everton
Most inheritances are squandered in two generations. Meaning his grandchildren will spend the last of what he earned. And he's earned a ton already.

if he signs Koeman won't except anything less than him being 100% in shape. Think Rooney knows that.

I think he would be poor all round. Its a different Everton to the one he left. Everything is different Rooney just cannot cut it at this level
The players are hungry for success Rooney has had it with another club, I doubt he would be good to be around I doubt him having a good relationship with Koeman, the whole thing seems a big risk the wages would be better off spent elsewere

He could have a role as meet and greet at the new stadium hospitality and corporate clients, they get shake his hand and have a selfie whilst the goal he scored against Arsenal plays on a loop in the background, in return he gets a `free meal` nothing else

I think he would be poor all round. Its a different Everton to the one he left. Everything is different Rooney just cannot cut it at this level
The players are hungry for success Rooney has had it with another club, I doubt he would be good to be around I doubt him having a good relationship with Koeman, the whole thing seems a big risk the wages would be better off spent elsewere

He could have a role as meet and greet at the new stadium hospitality and corporate clients, they get shake his hand and have a selfie whilst the goal he scored against Arsenal plays on a loop in the background, in return he gets a `free meal` nothing else
That jobs seems to have un-offically been given to Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back