Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan. There's better options out there for what he would cost to bring in. Even on a free he would command massive wages which would add up to a fee and contract for a better, younger option.

His signing would give us a very short term status boost on Sky Sports but that would die down inside two weeks. Is that really worth having him in our team? He's not going to come and drop his wages to be on our bench.

Not to mention I don't buy the romance angle either. Wonder kid from Croxteth, left us at one of our lowest ebbs, wins everything there is to win, returns now that he's a joke and being given away. No thanks. We moved on. I don't want him to come back now that he's no good to Man Utd or England any more. We missed out on his glory years and he now misses out on his Everton years.

Reckon it's quite astute if it isn't too much of a drain financially. Would help bed some of the new players in, bit of a distraction, take some of the pressure away.
He's lost it. An Indian Summer might be in him, but it;ll be more bother than it's worth. The team ethos will suffer.

I say that as a big admirer of WR, by the way, and I know he's a team player too. But the media attention will bury the team as a whole.

54423619.png

no more like this

-------------------pickford------------------------

coleman------Keane--------Williams?---------Baines?

----------Gana-----Schneiderlin-----Davies---------

--------------Klaasen--------Rooney----------------

---------------------Sandro------------------------
.? Is Coleman sadly it will be a good while till he returns, Also,need cover for Baines?

Still against the idea of him coming back to Everton simply because I don't think he's up to it and I don't think he could contribute. Who's going to sit to make way for him?

I haven't even discussed transfer payments, wages, etc.....

He's lost it. An Indian Summer might be in him, but it;ll be more bother than it's worth. The team ethos will suffer.

I say that as a big admirer of WR, by the way, and I know he's a team player too. But the media attention will bury the team as a whole.
I disagree mate, I think the higher media coverage he would invariably bring would be a good thing, it'd raise expectations by default. I'd be against a long term deal but on a 12 month loan I'd welcome it, whatever anyone says about him, he's a winner and he'd bring a wealth of experience to the dressing room

I disagree mate, I think the higher media coverage he would invariably bring would be a good thing, it'd raise expectations by default. I'd be against a long term deal but on a 12 month loan I'd welcome it, whatever anyone says about him, he's a winner and he'd bring a wealth of experience to the dressing room

We don't need a media circus. Also we are all over the media right now anyway.

Certainly not a pick I would have done, but then that's probably why I am pretty unlikely ever to manage our great club.
Koeman deserves to be judged on bringing in whoever he believes will improve the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back