Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but we aint there yet. Unless he ends up being brilliant (and he more than likely wont be) he would be a distraction I reckon.
I think he's got an Indian summer in him, he'd be eager to prove plenty wrong. The fact he's been back in training for 2 weeks already tells me that there's still plenty of professional pride left in him. Whether his legs can deliver would be the question like.

I think he's got an Indian summer in him, he'd be eager to prove plenty wrong. The fact he's been back in training for 2 weeks already tells me that there's still plenty of professional pride left in him. Whether his legs can deliver would be the question like.

Possibly but I am just going by what I see with my own eyes. He has been playing for 16 years and he looks like it.

Rooney is obviously not the force he once was. We now appear to be building a youthful squad, but what it may need to flourish are some of the qualities he still has, a hatred of losing, a passion for the club, former captain of his country. For the right deal, I'm still in.

I disagree mate, I think the higher media coverage he would invariably bring would be a good thing, it'd raise expectations by default. I'd be against a long term deal but on a 12 month loan I'd welcome it, whatever anyone says about him, he's a winner and he'd bring a wealth of experience to the dressing room
It's no different than the past to me. It has all the hallmarks of a Kenwright signing: 'bring a blue home'.

We had him when he was as good as he ever got at United. I'd rather leave it that way than risk seeing him embarrass himself and us by going on a season long nostalgia tour.

It's no different than the past to me. It has all the hallmarks of a Kenwright signing: 'bring a blue home'.

We had him when he was as good as he ever got at United. I'd rather leave it that way than risk seeing him embarrass himself and us by going on a season long nostalgia tour.

The only way I could see him coming as guaranteed no brainier for us, would be if UTD paid him off and he came on a pay as you play.

There's no way I could ever see him going for that.

He's better off going to the States imo

id hope we don't sign him and would rather have somebody fresher, he looks shot everytime ive seen him in the last 12 months ! if he comes I hope he does well ! but dont see it ! having said that I didnt want barry coming and he proved me wrong !

id hope we don't sign him and would rather have somebody fresher, he looks shot everytime ive seen him in the last 12 months ! if he comes I hope he does well ! but dont see it ! having said that I didnt want barry coming and he proved me wrong !
It's a maybe another former player coming back failure imo!
Even the great HK 2-3 coming back flopped managerial wise our best ever manager- add to that Jeffers, Johnson etc etc never the same it never works even big Dunc injured most of the time on return - pienear top money we got one season of that!
It's a bad idea we need a young team too many over 28 ATM!

It's a maybe another former player coming back failure imo!
Even the great HK 2-3 coming back flopped managerial wise our best ever manager- add to that Jeffers, Johnson etc etc never the same it never works even big Dunc injured most of the time on return - pienear top money we got one season of that!
It's a bad idea we need a young team too many over 28 ATM!

Our 5 signings are all 24 or younger. If Ron wants an experienced player in then it's hard to argue.

Rooney is obviously not the force he once was. We now appear to be building a youthful squad, but what it may need to flourish are some of the qualities he still has, a hatred of losing, a passion for the club, former captain of his country. For the right deal, I'm still in.

A passion for the club? Shame he has only got this so called passion for the club once his best days are gone and his current team see him as a has been and of no longer any use

Stek 34 -Williams -30 ish - Jags 31ish - Barry OAP -Baines 29ish KM 29 ish add Rooney to that - dads army

Baines is 32. Williams is 33.

Stek Jags Barry will not be first choice players. We need a squad. We can't simply become an under 30s team.

I'm not saying Rooney is the answer but signing 5 players 24 or less and integrating 4 players under 21 inside the last season, is not the actions of someone who wants a team of pensioners.

The only way I could see him coming as guaranteed no brainier for us, would be if UTD paid him off and he came on a pay as you play.

There's no way I could ever see him going for that.

He's better off going to the States imo
I doubt Mourinho will want a team that could conceivably take a CL spot from him powered to it by a player he loaned out with a subsidy to that club!

Baines is 32. Williams is 33.

Stek Jags Barry will not be first choice players. We need a squad. We can't simply become an under 30s team.

I'm not saying Rooney is the answer but signing 5 players 24 or less and integrating 4 players under 21 inside the last season, is not the actions of someone who wants a team of pensioners.
He's on 260k a week st UNT so we will probably pay him 100 plus rather offer Ross the money me thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back