Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who mentioned 200k per week Rooney is on 260 k per week UNT will expect us to chip in to subsidise that salary!

You said you'd rather we gave the money we'd need for Rooneys wages to Ross instead. That would mean offering Ross in excess of 200k per week.

I think you need to relax Joe. Koeman has signed Klaasen, Sandro, Keane and Pickford, with Onyenkuru to come. All under 24. He's also integrated DCL Tom Davies, Lookman, Holgate and Kenny will now come through this year. Who knows maybe Dowell and Galloway will too.

I think we are in good shape. In fact an experienced head like Giroud would be very welcome. As long as they don't just bring experience but also quality and a good attitude.

Most of those listed above played last year so yes!

We've just signed four players who are all in their early twenties. Our core squad as it stands (the starting eleven plus subs on a match day, imo):

Jagielka - 34
Baines - 32
Williams - 32
Coleman - 28
Bolasie - 28
Schneiderlin - 27
Gueye - 27
Robles - 27
Keane - 24
Klassen - 24
Lukaku - 24
Pickford - 23
Barkley - 23
Ramirez - 21
Calvert Lewin - 20
Holgate - 20
Davies - 19
Lookman - 19

Average age of 25. That's a young squad if anything.

You said you'd rather we gave the money we'd need for Rooneys wages to Ross instead. That would mean offering Ross in excess of 200k per week.

I think you need to relax Joe. Koeman has signed Klaasen, Sandro, Keane and Pickford, with Onyenkuru to come. All under 24. He's also integrated DCL Tom Davies, Lookman, Holgate and Kenny will now come through this year. Who knows maybe Dowell and Galloway will too.

I think we are in good shape. In fact an experienced head like Giroud would be very welcome. As long as they don't just bring experience but also quality and a good attitude.
That opening sentence is by your fantasy not my words!

We've just signed four players who are all in their early twenties. Our core squad as it stands:

Jagielka - 34
Baines - 32
Williams - 32
Coleman - 28
Bolasie - 28
Schneiderlin - 27
Gueye - 27
Robles - 27
Keane - 24
Klassen - 24
Lukaku - 24
Pickford - 23
Barkley - 23
Ramirez - 21
Calvert Lewin - 20
Holgate - 20
Davies - 19
Lookman - 19

Average age of 25. That's a young squad if anything.
Economical on who plays week in week out there!

Its like the past 15 years didnt happen!
I'm referring to Rooney as a fan, not his playing career. Unfortunately, football is now just a business and Rooneys won a stack of medals for another club. It doesn't mean he isn't an Everton fan and wouldn't bring that passion were he to return. Time will tell I suppose.

That good he was dropped!
Yep but competing with Zlatan, Rashford, Martial etc

For us he'd be replacing Kone or Niasse and would be a good older head to accompany young Sandro, and hopefully Giroud

Don't get the negativity - is it lingering resentment that he left in the first place?

it's a great opportunity which we're only getting because of his emotional connection to the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back