Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just signed four players who are all in their early twenties. Our core squad as it stands (the starting eleven plus subs on a match day, imo):

Jagielka - 34
Baines - 32
Williams - 32
Coleman - 28
Bolasie - 28
Schneiderlin - 27
Gueye - 27
Robles - 27
Keane - 24
Klassen - 24
Lukaku - 24
Pickford - 23
Barkley - 23
Ramirez - 21
Calvert Lewin - 20
Holgate - 20
Davies - 19
Lookman - 19

Average age of 25. That's a young squad if anything.
How could you forget Barry??

Yep but competing with Zlatan, Rashford, Martial etc

For us he'd be replacing Kone or Niasse and would be a good older head to accompany young Sandro, and hopefully Giroud

Don't get the negativity - is it lingering resentment that he left in the first place?

it's a great opportunity which we're only getting because of his emotional connection to the club...
Dropped by the same manager who virtually tripped over himself getting rid of Lukaku.

roo%20blue.jpg

Returning players seldom do well he struggled to get a game last season ?
So what makes you think his cameo roles will be worth his wages?

It's very important we win that stoke match going into that run. If Rooney plays in that the crowd will be unbelievable. Well suck the ball into the net. Remember Duncan testimonial? Beat stoke and carry the feel good factor. Just for a good start alone it'll be worth it for me. And that's without factoring in if he will contribute anything or not. Imagine if he got a goal or two in the process!

I'd be happy with this.

If it doesn't work out, he'll get dropped because Koeman's our manager. If it works out well, which I think it probably would, we'll get a really, really talented footballer with a point to prove and probably a lot of hunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back