Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a thought...

Wonder if UTD will have written off the 7m we owe them for Keane transfer in lieu of taking Wayne.

Signing the current England captain, a guy who has scored 200 Premier League goals, would be a truly massive coup.

I can't see it happening, though. Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week at Man Utd?

I can understand people thinking that he's over-the-hill at 31, but he really impressed me in the Europa League Final a few weeks back.
He's not the England captain anymore and he came on in 90th min of the Europa final???

Realistically although united are going for the title they are no doubt still battling to just get in the top four like us. Would they really allow Rooney to a rival side? Especially on loan.

Rightly or wrongly I don't think Mourinho will consider you rivals.

Also don't think he rates Rooney anywhere near enough to be worried.

Hope that isnt taken in wrong way anyway glad this is over.

Signing the current England captain, a guy who has scored 200 Premier League goals, would be a truly massive coup.

I can't see it happening, though. Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week at Man Utd?

I can understand people thinking that he's over-the-hill at 31, but he really impressed me in the Europa League Final a few weeks back.

Every player should be up for a final. But can you really see him putting in a slog on a Thursday night in Eastern Europe in a europa league group game for us? Or away at some efl club in a cup game on a wet midweek evening? He doesn't need it anymore he's been there done that. We need players who want it. He's won it all I just don't see he has much passion left. The only way I'd take him is on loan as its World Cup year so for one year at least he would be trying

Rightly or wrongly I don't think Mourinho will consider you rivals.

Also don't think he rates Rooney anywhere near enough to be worried.

Hope that isnt taken in wrong way anyway glad this is over.

Of course he wouldn't as they believe they can win the title but look at the sides who finished above them. They aren't just going away. United like us will be lucky to hit the top four

no offence like, but it's a bit weird. The move was 13 years ago. Anyone who isn't over it well, that's football...

I mean, unless you have a personal reason to hate him?

Koeman isn't a sentimental person. He couldn't give two craps. He's basically looking at bringing in England's record goalscorer to compliment our front line.

He happens to have played for us once.
I have my opinion and you have yours. He's a traitor in my eyes. He's also a rapidly declining has been. He engineered a move away from the club he claimed to support, and now he has apparently engineered a lucrative move back to serve his own selfish interests . I despise disloyalty above all things.

For the first time in over 50 years I will witness a player in a Everton shirt who I utterly despise, a person so low he could walk under a snakes belly with a top hat on.

Why do you hate him so much? I was devastated when he moved to Man Utd, but at the end of the day he was just a naive teenage boy who was manipulated by senior pros, agents and pundits. And let's not forget that we were desperately poor at the time. We finished 17th in his last season with us.

I have my opinion and you have yours. He's a traitor in my eyes. He's also a rapidly declining has been. He engineered a move away from the club he claimed to support, and now he has apparently engineered a lucrative move back to serve his own selfish interests . I despise disloyalty above all things.

You been in the same job all your life?

I've read a lot of the views in this thread, and it's most interesting to see both sides.

Here's my take on the whole thing.
Rooney left at a time when the club desperately needed the money, and he needed to move because he was not going to achieve his full potential given the squad around him at the time (and, as it transpires, the future squads here).
Professionally, he gave it his all for many years, winning trophies and setting a goalscoring record which will probably never be equalled there.
The downward spiral for him came, I believe, in that last season of Ferguson's, when suddenly he was dropped and everything was uncertain. Ferguson sticking the knife in for his previous wage revolt? I think so.
Since then he has not been the same player. I have suspected that his heart went out of that club, and his performances suffered as a result.
I think he wants out, and the only Prem club he said he would go to was us. Fine.
What would he bring to the club?
I believe first of all, Koeman would get him on a training regime that would get him fully fit again (something that the Mancs appeared not to do).
I believe he would be re-invigorated being here. He would be wanting to play again - busting a gut whenever he was on the pitch.
I believe on the pitch, he would be the 'captain' even if he did not have the armband - HE would be the one geeing the rest up, not letting them get slipshod in what they do, driving the team on, getting the crowd to get behind the team.
Off the pitch, I believe his great experience and know-how would work wonders with the young players in the team - I cannot believe he would simply join us and then do nothing to bring on the younger players for the benefit of the club. I bellieve he would relish the 'senior' role.
He's made his money off the Mancs, and if he has invested/saved it wisely, he should have no financial worries for the rest of his life. He should be able to come here on reasonable terms.

Overall, I believe the benefits outweigh the potential disadvantages of his age, and his not being quite fit at present.

Now, over to the rest of y'all...

I agree I was hugely dissapointed when he left he should have at least given us a year more but can slightly understand why he left he wanted to win trophies that's understandable. However I do think we were skint at the time and probably glad to see the money. I just like you though will never forgive Rooney. Hurts me more than when Jeffers went

Why do you hate him so much? I was devastated when he moved to Man Utd, but at the end of the day he was just a naive teenage boy who was manipulated by senior pros, agents and pundits. And let's not forget that we were desperately poor at the time. We finished 17th in his last season with us.
Myth . He appointed Stretford to engineer the move, it was cynical and calculated as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back