Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'm generally in favour... but it's a big gamble for both parties. Could end up costing us a big chunk of money for him to effectively warm the bench... and for him, if he doesn't perform he'll be slated to hell by fans that are against it and the media.
On the other hand it could be a massive benefit to the youngsters and he might be utterly inspired by pulling on the blue shirt again...
Either way, if he signs I'll be cheering him and keeping fingers crossed we've played a blinder in bringing him back...
Exactly . It is a gamble but for those of us who still have a life ..It's a gamble worth taking just for the hell of it ......and if it pays off we'll be in clover !;)

He played a lot of games in centre mid last year, reducing his goal threat.
He is still an unselfish player who has the skill to thread attacking passes through the middle. He unlocks difficult teams. Has vision that does not rely on pace.
Think he will be invigorated playing for us again. It's where his heart is (and his hero - Dunc).
The whole atmosphere will change for him.

Exactly . It is a gamble but for those of us who still have a life ..It's a gamble worth taking just for the hell of it ......and if it pays off we'll be in clover !;)

Gamble? He's gone. United want shut of him as he offers nothing and will come here to sit on a retirement cheque. No ambition left in the man he's won it all at united and if he does come you'll see a past it mid thirties retirement former star blowing from minute one

If it was a loan deal I could probably get over it but without a doubt that loan would turn permanent. Do we really want him in his mid thirties? He already looks past it. Our midfield looks decent this year I don't see where he fits in

Personally I'm gutted. For the first time in over 50 years I will witness a player in a Everton shirt who I utterly despise, a person so low he could walk under a snakes belly with a top hat on. I would rather we signed Gerard out of retirement, I hate him but I can give him some respect for staying loyal to his club. Sickened, angry and very disappointed. Ah well , maybe Shawcross will snap him in half on our opening game.

no offence like, but it's a bit weird. The move was 13 years ago. Anyone who isn't over it well, that's football...

I mean, unless you have a personal reason to hate him?

Koeman isn't a sentimental person. He couldn't give two craps. He's basically looking at bringing in England's record goalscorer to compliment our front line.

He happens to have played for us once.

Signing the current England captain, a guy who has scored 200 Premier League goals, would be a truly massive coup.

I can't see it happening, though. Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week at Man Utd?

I can understand people thinking that he's over-the-hill at 31, but he really impressed me in the Europa League Final a few weeks back.

I think you better change specs mate haha, does seem this is a goer.

Signing the current England captain, a guy who has scored 200 Premier League goals, would be a truly massive coup.

I can't see it happening, though. Isn't he on a quarter of a million a week at Man Utd?

I can understand people thinking that he's over-the-hill at 31, but he really impressed me in the Europa League Final a few weeks back.
It's called getting him on loan and both clubs paying half his wage or some proportion.
It's on mate.

Realistically although united are going for the title they are no doubt still battling to just get in the top four like us. Would they really allow Rooney to a rival side? Especially on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back