Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon after 2 months of watching him be awful we will be singing a remix of the song Man U had for him

I saw my mate the other day, He said to me he saw the white Kone, So I asked, who is he? He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney...

Bring a blue home.

vR2v7.jpg
Ah. love that pic..;)

He'll do something special, at the right moment, at some stage during the season, when all these experts above say " worth every penny we are paying him".
No brainer he comes on loan.

Reactions: JLW

250k a week? That will cost us over 25m over the two years?? The same amount we sold him for more or less. What are we doing! Please no. 250k a week? Surely we should be investing this money elsewhere. Rooney is useless these days. Where would he even play now we have klassen? Disaster

He is though :( Rooney is completely done.

He was shocking coming off the bench for us, dragged us down when starting. Genuinely he offered absolutely nothing. That said despite little play time he managed a fair few goals and assists through sheerly being in the right position at the right time, he has that to offer I guess.

Offers nothing on the pitch now. Man Utd giving him away. Man Utd supporters laughing at the idea of it happening like us with McGeady. What does that tell you?

An awful lot of money for a "winning mentality." Phil Neville won just as much at Man Utd, didn't rub off here did it? He's not coming to be on our bench. He's not replacing Valencia or Koné or Niasse.

Just think this is a dreadful move. Make a player our top earner to try and fulfill a fantasy from 2003.

Completely agree mate just hope it's not true. I can't imagine we would be willing to pay 250k a week?

John Terry is 37 years old mate and not what we require.

Villa are paying him 60k a week for the privilege though which is one of the highest wages in the Championship becsuse they believe they have signed a proven winner

So if we have Sneiderlin, Klaassen and Gueye in midfield next season.... And Rooney playing as a number 10.....where does Tom Davies play? .... Or Sigurdsson if we sign him (better option than Rooney)....then what about Lookman and Calvert-Lewin, and Bolasie?

I know we want strength in depth, but are we gonna give Rooney massive wages to sit on our bench?.... If I thought he'd walk into our team, then great..... But I don't think he's better than what he already have right now... Would people rather we let Barkley go and bring 31/32 year old Rooney back?....would you like us to sign Rooney instead of Sigurdsson?

I reckon after 2 months of watching him be awful we will be singing a remix of the song Man U had for him

I saw my mate the other day, He said to me he saw the white Kone, So I asked, who is he? He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney...
Utd copied that from us (not the kone bit)

Think I'm generally in favour... but it's a big gamble for both parties. Could end up costing us a big chunk of money for him to effectively warm the bench... and for him, if he doesn't perform he'll be slated to hell by fans that are against it and the media.
On the other hand it could be a massive benefit to the youngsters and he might be utterly inspired by pulling on the blue shirt again...
Either way, if he signs I'll be cheering him and keeping fingers crossed we've played a blinder in bringing him back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back