Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offers nothing on the pitch now. Man Utd giving him away. Man Utd supporters laughing at the idea of it happening like us with McGeady. What does that tell you?

An awful lot of money for a "winning mentality." Phil Neville won just as much at Man Utd, didn't rub off here did it? He's not coming to be on our bench. He's not replacing Valencia or Koné or Niasse.

Just think this is a dreadful move. Make a player our top earner to try and fulfill a fantasy from 2003.

No other team above us would sign him, and the team just one place above don't deem him good enough. Sentiment aside it's a costly gamble.

I don't want him at all and money could be better spent, I think the fan base is fairly split on this, but if he does come I would actually love him to do really well and make me eat my words.

Exactly how I feel.

I am really disappointed he is potentially returning. His best years spent elsewhere.

He has a lot to do to win me over should he return. I hope he makes me eat humble pie.

I don't believe for a second we would offer Rooney 250k a week. But if we did make him our highest earner i don't think any player could moan and say "oh look, there's that cheeky sod who is our highest earner who has only won 6 titles, a European cup, 3 league cups and an fa cup".

I'd genuinely be shocked if we were offering anything over £140/150k

Me too. On the pitch I'd put him only at a value of around £100k a week. And as for the commercial return, it's not as if there's 10,000 empty seats at GP just waiting to be filled by fans hooked by Rooney's return.

On balance I'm against his return but mainly because of the potential for it to hamper the development of Davies and to basically mean the end of the Everton prospects of others of the U23 squad, particularly Walsh and Dowell.

Last edited:
Bring a blue home.

vR2v7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back