Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd will definitely be paying him off. There's no way he's walking away from 2 years on £250-300k a week.

I can't see us paying a fee when they're so desperate to get him off their payroll. I imagine they'll give him half his contract and we'll pick up the majority of the rest. £125k a week for 2 years.

The press will speculate and Utd, his agents and Everton will have different versions to put out their for their own reasons so I doubt we'll ever be sure what he's getting paid but the above would make sense.

This is a no brainer to me.

Surely we want to bring in the best players available to the Club and surely Wayne Rooney is one of them?

I was 18 myself when he left and naturally, I held a grudge for a long time (the Utd badge-kissing did NOT help).

However, with the benefit of hindsight the now 31 year old me can see that what he did was right for his career.

He has won the lot, now it's time to pass that know how and that winning mentality on to this very promising Everton side.

As for the financial side of the deal. The club is now being run by world class accountants, this is not like Bill Kenwright rescuing Big Dunc from Newcastle when we couldn't afford his wages. A deal will only be struck if its financially workable for the club.

I don't see the downside, if he's crap he'll be in China this time next year.

There's no way we'd pay him £250k a week in wages, it would destroy the pay structure for a player who's best years are behind him. If he comes here he'll be taking a pay cut or Utd would be paying part of it. We'd likely be looking more at ~£150k a week. Everton have the added negotiating bonus of knowing he wants this move to happen.

News of his potential return has just reached these ladies from a local care home

a-group-of-happy-elderly-women.jpg

Pros:

Quality – ok, not a good season last year but (if he can get fit) he still has it. Remember that semi against us? Head and shoulders above everyone.
Goals – Bar last season, he’s got double figures since 03/04 – could add at least 10 more to our overall tally?
Set Pieces - Still one of the best (see game at Stoke last season for more details)
Experience – has loads of it and most of it is good
Pedigree – absolutely won’t [Poor language removed] himself at Anfield
Profile – It’s a statement, he’s known everywhere from China to Chile and has ten times more followers on twitter than Everton ffs
Evertonian – Yeah, I know he kissed his badge for them after getting dogs abuse and whatever, but he also has Everton ingrained into his make-up (hence returning for Duncan’s testimonial and bringing his kids up wearing Everton jerseys)

Cons:

Cost – How much are we actually paying him? How much of a return on investment will we get?
Desire – Does he still have enough of it?
Fitness – How much has necking Desperados in Ibiza every summer done him in?
Younger lads – Could he end up stunting the progress of some of our younger talent?

That’s just quickly written off the top of my head, feel free to add or call me on anything you think is nonsense where you see fit.

#BalGUM

Don't really know why people are concerned about wages and fees, perhaps they are stuck in the old everton past which I do get as I've lived through those dark times myself. Seriously let's just embrace this window because I have never experienced one quite like it. If a player costs x amount to improve us and we pay it then fantastic because at the end of the day it is not our money and by all accounts the club is in a huge financial position of strength.

I think this new everton is going to take time to sink in with many blues but hand on heart Im sick of worrying about everton money as if it was mine over the past 30 years and I'm happy to spunk the money wherever we need to.

Rooney is a huge yes for me, yeah not the old explosive version granted but way better than what we have and with continued incoming
It's fantastic, it's like a drug and I for one LOVE it, good times a coming everyone.

There's no way we'd pay him £250k a week in wages, it would destroy the pay structure for a player who's best years are behind him. If he comes here he'll be taking a pay cut or Utd would be paying part of it. We'd likely be looking more at ~£150k a week. Everton have the added negotiating bonus of knowing he wants this move to happen.

I think this too. And with it being a loan, United would subsidise the rest of his wages. I think that's why it's taken so long to get the deal over the line, the negotiations with United regarding his wages. A pay cut was never, ever an option.

Pros:

Quality – ok, not a good season last year but (if he can get fit) he still has it. Remember that semi against us? Head and shoulders above everyone.
Goals – Bar last season, he’s got double figures since 03/04 – could add at least 10 more to our overall tally?
Set Pieces - Still one of the best (see game at Stoke last season for more details)
Profile – It’s a statement, he’s known everywhere from China to Chile and has ten times more followers on twitter than Everton ffs
Evertonian – Yeah, I know he kissed his badge for them after getting dogs abuse and whatever, but he also has Everton ingrained into his make-up (hence returning for Duncan’s testimonial and bringing his kids up wearing Everton jerseys)

Cons:

Cost – How much are we actually paying him? How much of a return on investment will we get?
Desire – Does he still have enough of it?
Fitness – How much has necking Desperados in Ibiza every summer done him in?
Younger lads – Could he end up stunting the progress of some of our younger talent?

That’s just quickly written off the top of my head, feel free to add or call me on anything you think is nonsense where you see fit.

#BalGUM

I look forward to the interview @Adam-GOTTV

Pros:

Cons:

Cost – How much are we actually paying him? How much of a return on investment will we get? New Ev, Moshi has it covered with pocket change
Desire – Does he still have enough of it? Yes, loads
Fitness – How much has necking Desperados in Ibiza every summer done him in? Mirror said he was on the treadmill 3 times a day - AKA match fit
Younger lads – Could he end up stunting the progress of some of our younger talent? No

#BalGUM

Pros:

Cons:

Cost – How much are we actually paying him? How much of a return on investment will we get? Not arsed about that one, if Mosh isn't that is fine with me
Desire – Does he still have enough of it? I would sincerely hope that he sees this as the prodigal son returning home scenario and want to prove how much he still has the club in his heart, which hopefully will raise his game further and make him want to prove he still has it.
Fitness – How much has necking Desperados in Ibiza every summer done him in? I am sure Ronko and his team are no fools and will address this issue.
Younger lads – Could he end up stunting the progress of some of our younger talent? 12 months is a very short time, I see the things DCL and Lookman could learn from him as more positive than negative in that period.

#BalGUM

My comments above good sir.

I wasn't particularly for it at first but he knows there's a lot of doubters and he's got a point to prove. Wayne Rooney in that frame of mind could be very good indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back