Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at this in the cold hard light of day, it's hard to see it being a good deal. Mourinho was a big Rooney fan and after working with him close up he's come to the conclusion that he's basically finished at the top level. I've no reason to doubt this and personally I'd swerve the deal.
It's not as if Mourinho makes mistakes, I think Waz may have a point to prove, but all will be revealed in a few weeks.

I have my opinion and you have yours. He's a traitor in my eyes. He's also a rapidly declining has been. He engineered a move away from the club he claimed to support, and now he has apparently engineered a lucrative move back to serve his own selfish interests . I despise disloyalty above all things.

That's not really accurate mate. The lad wanted to stay at Everton - for another season or two at least. It was the snake Stretford and Blue Bill who engineered the deal and made sure it happened when it did. They both had strong but different financial motives. Wayne was 18...

Just looking at this in the cold hard light of day, it's hard to see it being a good deal. Mourinho was a big Rooney fan and after working with him close up he's come to the conclusion that he's basically finished at the top level. I've no reason to doubt this and personally I'd swerve the deal.

But Mourinho didn't rate Lukaku, or Mata etc...

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong btw.

But it depends what we expect of Rooney.

I expect him to be a player who can be a leader in the squad, and is a proven goalscorer to share the burden when Lukaku leaves with players who are younger and less experienced in the PL.

He's a player who can play in a variety of positions and will be really useful in our (hopefully prolonged) Europa League campaign.

That's not really accurate mate. The lad wanted to stay at Everton - for another season or two at least. It was the snake Stretford and Blue Bill who engineered the deal and made sure it happened when it did. They both had strong but different financial motives. Wayne was 18...

I suppose we'll never know for sure. It was a different time and a different era in football.

Rooney probably isn't blameless, and definitely made mistakes.

However, I think 13 years is a long time to hold a grudge over something like this.

Best one I heard today was that he'll be a great mentor for our young strikers like Sandro.

Sandro played with Messi for two seasons. The only thing he'll learn off Rooney is how to make his hair reappear.

Sandro has never played in the Premier League.

We do need an experienced goalscorer (or even two... Olivier...) to share the burden of replacing Lukaku's goals.

That's just common sense.

People writing or thinking that the club is being sentimental in this.

Totally wrong.

Koeman isn't the sentimental type. He wants to improve the team and Everton's (and his) chances of winning something, first and foremost.

Rooney does that.
Absolutely - currently Niasse is a forward option.

I'll take Rooney short term thanks.

Not my first choice, but better than Niasse, Kone, Valencia etc....

two stories seem to be going around;

a one year loan with Utd paying some of the wages

a free transfer, two year contract on £250k a week (£26m over the two years)

I would rather we didn't get him on loan, but i kind of think the wages are crazy. But then again if we were paying £15m for him and he was on £100k a week I would probably think that was OK (in light of what other players earn) and it essentially works out to be the same money

Not really happy he is coming back but oh well.
Find it odd that some of the people defending Rooney probably booed Mikel Arteta when he played for Arsenal someone who actually did something and cared for the club.

Yet this clown whose loyalty to Man Utd was to have in a transfer request and have his agent tell the media he wanted to go to Man City is being portrayed as a hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back