Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
When those around us say Everton are overpaying on all the s**** available our stock response as fans has been "If he's good enough for Koeman, that's alright by me" or "trust in Koeman"... I full agree with this...

However, when it comes to Rooney, we all have a completely different approach/opinion and all of a sudden regardless of whether Koeman wants him or not he's "past it" or "not right for Everton"....

As difficult as it is, put sentiment aside "trust in Koeman" and sign a proven goalscorer with the best record in England and Manchester United history who will compliment the influx of incredible young talent Walsh and Koeman are accumulating. If he helps one of those young forwards to become half the forward he is then that's good by me....

And as for the money, don't worry, we've got loads!

He was still England's best player at the Euros last summer. If he's played upfront or just behind he'll still be able to be very effective for us. If we play him wide forward and ask him to press then we'll end his career.

As I said though, those two players would cost in excess of £50m plus £200k+ p/w, which we probably couldn't afford - even now.

But if we are paying him 250k a week now... when we sell rom for 70m and get his wages off the books... we could afford to spend 50m and 250k a week if we didn't spend it on Rooney... I am all for Rooney coming back just not for 250 a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back