Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't he say after Dunc's testimonial that it was important to him that his kids - who he's raised as blues - see him play in the shirt? i might be making that up but it sounds like something he might have said.... with lots of ermmmmmms between each word

That old chestnut. Pure conjecture. Unless you have a way of showing us the alternate reality where he stayed and we got relegated

Also, where did I mention "wish list players"? Are you referring to my Lukaku comment.

I just believe a better use of the money would be trying to get a young goal scorer to stay rather than signing someone for nostalgia sake.

..I fear the Lukaku ship has sailed no matter what money is thrown at him. Bracketing Rooney with him for that reason is a little tenuous as I don't think it's an either/or situation. Rooney could well have been on the wish list regardless of who else comes in or whether Lukaku stays.

Not convinced Rooney is what we need/should be going for, but if it's true we're getting him on loan I can get on board with that.

Am I right in thinking he only has 1 year left on his contract? Player on loan needing to prove himself to get into the England squad and to convince us (or someone else) to offer him a new contract. Not a chance we'll be paying 250k a week

Just an example of other uses for the money we are going to waste. £13m plus signing on fee down the drain

Statistically for minutes played he had more goals and assists than barkley.

The lad is a global brand with over 10mil followers on social media compared with the everton of around 1 million. If he can help raise the clubs profile then we will get a better kit deal in 2 years time and better sponsorship.

He will also bring a winning mentality and help the young players.

Do you know what? I'm not in the least bit ashamed of this and I don't care how much I get vaulted if I turnout to be wrong. I'm really excited about the lad coming home.

I know the history etc but screw all that. He's ours and he's always been ours and I believe he will return and really offer us something. I genuinely think he cares and will pull out all the stops to make it work in a blue shirt.

I know he's 31. But remember the pure excitement when we signed E'too? Rooney is a similar calaibre player at a similar stage of his career (if not in terms of age then in terms of drop-off). He's still got absolutely loads to give and if we use him right (unlike what Martinez did with Sammy) then he will offer something important to us.

And quite aside from his ability, he will inject some much needed snide, leadership and aggression into our bunch of nice guys.

Bring it on. Welcome home Wayne

Do you know what? I'm not in the least bit ashamed of this and I don't care how much I get vaulted if I turnout to be wrong. I'm really excited about the lad coming home.

I know the history etc but screw all that. He's ours and he's always been ours and I believe he will return and really offer us something. I genuinely think he cares and will pull out all the stops to make it work in a blue shirt.

I know he's 31. But remember the pure excitement when we signed E'too? Rooney is a similar calaibre player at a similar stage of his career (if not in terms of age then in terms of drop-off). He's still got absolutely loads to give and if we use him right (unlike what Martinez did with Sammy) then he will offer something important to us.

And quite aside from his ability, he will inject some much needed snide, leadership and aggression into our bunch of nice guys.

Bring it on. Welcome home Wayne
Unlike most, he did his coaching badges years ago I think so wouldn't surprise me if he's also part of a development plan with U14 or U18s. He took U14 training at Man U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back