Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think Rooney is good enough to cut it at this level anymore. Currently living with three united fans so have been watching them as much as everton for the past two seasons, IMO he is finished at this level, he just dosen't have the legs anymore so a lot of united's attacking play completely breaks down around him. some games I've watched him he has literally been abysmal, to the point it is almost sad to watch a giant of the game deteriorate so rapidly. Two seasons ago mayb would have taken him (even then at a push) but having watched pretty much all of there games this season it was pretty clear from the off mourinho was playing him out of respect early on as everyone at united wanted him to break Charlton's record for all time top scorer. After that he was mainly used as an impact sub sometimes getting just 10 or 15 minutes and rarely provided anything other than that mad free kick he scored against stoke. all of my friends that i live with are very smug about the idea of Rooney coming back to us with Lukaku possibly going the other way which in itself would be a nightmare for me to put up with. And pretty much every united fan i meet as soon as we get chatting about footy the first thing they say is please take Rooney back. Bearing in mind they only finished one place above us last season and for so long he was there talisman. Rooney coming back to us is to much about sentiment and him getting a swan song coming back to his boyhood club which i understand to a point but on a footballing basis he really is finished IMO and i really don't think he is worth enough to the first team squad for the wages currently being rumoured. Sorry about the early morning long post i dont post much on here but this is something i feel strongly about. Looking nailed on for him to be coming back though so hopefully I'm proven wrong.

His move to man United kind of saved us as a club at the top level. As for your daft comments regarding wish list players.... it left me no option but to conclude that you are a fifa fanboi.

That old chestnut. Pure conjecture. Unless you have a way of showing us the alternate reality where he stayed and we got relegated

Also, where did I mention "wish list players"? Are you referring to my Lukaku comment.

I just believe a better use of the money would be trying to get a young goal scorer to stay rather than signing someone for nostalgia sake.

Imagine paying a 31 year old, who hasn't performed for years on huge wages.

No more United rejects, we are past that.
Schneiderlin ?
So you wouldnt take Martial ?

If you dont want the player thats fine....but theres many players at Utd I would like us to sign.
This really isnt a Phil Neville (...vomit) signing.

So was gazza

Can't argue the point. ;)

But seriously you know that bar one flick over Scotland in euro 96, he was not the same player after the 91 cup final and although Rooney is no saint I guess Gazza was still putting away the recommended limit of alcohol for an elephant for the best part of 10 years before he joined us.

He's not out of contract at United. He could opt to sit on the bench on 350k a week. I'm pretty sure we're not his only option. He doesn't need the money. He'll be well aware of the scepticism of a large section of the fans. So imagine you're Rooney - why come back? It's not the easy option in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back