Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing Rooney would show no ambition whatsoever. What does he offer? United know he's passed it and are desperate to let him go. Doesn't that tell you what you need to know?

I'd rather we concentrated on sigurdson who you know scores and gets assists. Rooney is clearly the cheaper option and a kop out

We want to break into the top 6 or top 4 yet we seem desperate to sign a player deemed not good enough for one of these said clubs and no other club above us seems interested in. How is the signing of an over the hill player going to take us where we want to go?

Smacks of another Gazza/Ginola type signing to me.

If the Mancs wanted to keep him he wouldn't be remotely interested in coming back here. And the reasons United want rid is because he's in decline and will only decline further and further from here. He couldn't even get on the bench at times for them last season. I hope this falls through.

It's puzzling that given he is allegedly such a 'big blue' , Man U clearly don't want him , and we seemingly do, he's already ridiculously wealthy , that there have to be negotiations at all. Surely it should be 'Do you want to come.? ........'Yes we'll sort out the money later, where do I sign. ?'

We want to break into the top 6 or top 4 yet we seem desperate to sign a player deemed not good enough for one of these said clubs and no other club above us seems interested in. How is the signing of an over the hill player going to take us where we want to go?

Smacks of another Gazza/Ginola type signing to me.

If the Mancs wanted to keep him he wouldn't be remotely interested in coming back here. And the reasons United want rid is because he's in decline and will only decline further and further from here. He couldn't even get on the bench at times for them last season. I hope this falls through.

I posted this a few pages back (you may not have seen it):
"The downward spiral for him came, I believe, in that last season of Ferguson's, when suddenly he was dropped and everything was uncertain. Ferguson sticking the knife in for his previous wage revolt? I think so.
Since then he has not been the same player. I have suspected that his heart went out of that club, and his performances suffered as a result.
I think he wants out, and the only Prem club he said he would go to was us."

That was the one time Ferguson had it put to him good-style by a player. Think Beckham, Stam, Keane. Ferguson got the better of all of them, but not Rooney. I think in the last 2-3 seasons he hasn't given a crap about ManUre, and it has shown in his performances.

And I posted this also:
"I believe on the pitch, he would be the 'captain' even if he did not have the armband - HE would be the one geeing the rest up, not letting them get slipshod in what they do, driving the team on, getting the crowd to get behind the team.
Off the pitch, I believe his great experience and know-how would work wonders with the young players in the team - I cannot believe he would simply join us and then do nothing to bring on the younger players for the benefit of the club. I believe he would relish the 'senior' role."

I think the issue has to be seen from the two standpoints above...

Don't sign him ffs. He's an over the hill slug who would now struggle in the Championship
NO! He's going to lift like you wouldn't believe! He's gonna run as fast as he can on a beach! He's gonna chase chickens!

He'll be an athlete the likes of which you've never seen outside a Rocky flick. And all the goalies will be powerless to stop him

Don't sign him ffs. He's an over the hill slug who would now struggle in the Championship

1030b9e23bb5cf6c8ef5da6567e3dbf40c41def5.gif

I posted this a few pages back (you may not have seen it):
"The downward spiral for him came, I believe, in that last season of Ferguson's, when suddenly he was dropped and everything was uncertain. Ferguson sticking the knife in for his previous wage revolt? I think so.
Since then he has not been the same player. I have suspected that his heart went out of that club, and his performances suffered as a result.
I think he wants out, and the only Prem club he said he would go to was us."

That was the one time Ferguson had it put to him good-style by a player. Think Beckham, Stam, Keane. Ferguson got the better of all of them, but not Rooney. I think in the last 2-3 seasons he hasn't given a crap about ManUre, and it has shown in his performances.

And I posted this also:
"I believe on the pitch, he would be the 'captain' even if he did not have the armband - HE would be the one geeing the rest up, not letting them get slipshod in what they do, driving the team on, getting the crowd to get behind the team.
Off the pitch, I believe his great experience and know-how would work wonders with the young players in the team - I cannot believe he would simply join us and then do nothing to bring on the younger players for the benefit of the club. I believe he would relish the 'senior' role."

I think the issue has to be seen from the two standpoints above...
Haha . Like I need a manc badge kissing traitor telling me to get behind the team I've been supporting since before he was even a twinkle in his arl fellas eye.

Papers say there's work to be done, ITKs say she's all wrapped up and ready to be announced.

Either way, get it done and get him in. Everton will be international news, the TV big boys will be falling over themselves to put our games on tele and the shirts will walk out the door in markets we haven't yet touched. And most importantly, he'll score goals for us and be a shining light for the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back