Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm outraged because I know that 10 minutes after that photo was taken, he stole the kids Happy Meal to sate his monstrous appetite, the fat Crocky monster.
That's why they put toys in them isn't it? Keep the kids sweet whilst you get the scoff... well isn't it??

United fan here. Rooney on his day was unplayable. The past few years the fire seemed to have burnt away with him. Still scored a few beasty goals this year and that last minute free kick against Hull.. Maybe moving back home might unleash the old rooney back from a few years?
Wasn't that last minute free kick against Stoke?

United fan here. Rooney on his day was unplayable. The past few years the fire seemed to have burnt away with him. Still scored a few beasty goals this year and that last minute free kick against Hull.. Maybe moving back home might unleash the old rooney back from a few years?

I don't really think the fire burned away from Rooney. He just can't do the things he used to be able to.

He looked pretty fired up when I watched but just couldn't impact upon the game. It was actually quite depressing to watch how far he'd fell from grace.

New to this however have been reading a lot over the last few weeks and decided to finally become an active member.

A lot of good pros and cons involving this transfer?

Many people would say the cons outweigh the pros?

Until the season starts/ends we'll never know?
Is it worth the gamble? Yes I do think it is, if the wages are less than being reported.

If you take his 10 goals and 10 assists (so I've read somewhere) which was considered a bad season for him, if he could manage that for us, it would all but cover the 25 goals lukaku has scored this season? And if we can add that to an incoming striker who could say get 20 goals, surely that's an improvement?!

Last edited:
I'm hoping -- if in fact he does return -- that his dip in form at United is more a result of having nothing left to achieve in club football, a "been there, done that" kind of ennui that is almost inevitable. Perhaps a return to his boyhood club, with the goal of winning a league and/or making it into the CL, will turn back the clock and rekindle the fire.

New to this however have been reading a lot over the last few weeks and decided to finally become an active member.

A lot of good pros and cons involving this transfer?

Many people would say the cons outweigh the pros?

Until the season starts/ends we'll never know?
Is it worth the gamble? Yes I do think it is, if the wages are less than being reported.

If you take his 10 goals and 10 assists (so I've read somewhere) which was considered a bad season for him, if he could manage that for us, it would all but cover the 25 goals lukaku has scored this season? And if we can add that to an incoming striker who could say get 20 goals, surely that's an improvement?!
Welcome pal to the mad house. You will soon see the bedwetter's jump on your post. Don be alarmed . Plenty of decent posters here too as well as the dooms dayers who love to see us fail

This signing is getting and presumably will continue to get a huge amount of focus - a lot of people have an opinion on it

Personally I'd much rather have Wazza in there than Kone or Niasse - which is who he'll be replacing - no brainer really

I'm excited to have Rooney back, but this particular argument does not hold water for me. Kone and Niasse are already gone, so this is not the choice they are making. The decision here is pay Rooney a very high salary rather than spend that money in some other way, which is a very different debate.

I'm excited to have Rooney back, but this particular argument does not hold water for me. Kone and Niasse are already gone, so this is not the choice they are making. The decision here is pay Rooney a very high salary rather than spend that money in some other way, which is a very different debate.

Niasse gone?

I never realised that.

Who took him off our hands?

Are people still happy now that it looks like we are paying £10mill for him. I was sceptical when I thought he was free or on a loan so I cant believe we would actually negotiate some sort of fee/discount on Rom.

I'm hoping -- if in fact he does return -- that his dip in form at United is more a result of having nothing left to achieve in club football, a "been there, done that" kind of ennui that is almost inevitable. Perhaps a return to his boyhood club, with the goal of winning a league and/or making it into the CL, will turn back the clock and rekindle the fire.
I don't doubt for a moment that next season rooney will be the most motivated he's been in several years.

He also voluntarily came back to pre season training about 2 weeks ago, when the rest of Utd's team aren't due back til tomorrow.

Whether this motivation will be enough for him to "roll back the years" somewhat, I guess we'll find out. Overall I think I'm glad we're giving it a go though. If it doesn't work out, we'll easily be able to shift him off to MLS after 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back