Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy gray was like the catalyst for that side, last piece in the jigsaw, wonder if Rooney can be the same
I think Rooney will do really well here. Hes being written off far too quickly.

Let's see how he does, shouldn't be too long before this deal is done it looks like. So people are going go have go accept it, and get behind him.

He will have a point to prove back in a blue shirt will hopefully put the fire back in his belly and with the World Cup coming up he will play his heart out to be in that World Cup squad.

Win win for us if he proves he still has it, and if he doesn't we sell to China or USA next summer and make a profit on him ;)

I think his experience and winners attitude are what Everton are buying. Team full of young guys who haven't won much and you're adding someone who's done so much in the game. May surprise a few and score some important goals as well.

The Wayne Rooney Show

starring Wayne, Colleen, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Bill Kenwright, Ronald Koeman, Farhad Moshiri

Supporting actor that gets killed in opening scene: Everton Football Club

...not looking forward to this at all

I tend to disagree with you there, Bike.

Football is such a soap opera these days that sommat like this which ups the club's profile should be viewed in a positive light :)

He will have a point to prove back in a blue shirt will hopefully put the fire back in his belly and with the World Cup coming up he will play his heart out to be in that World Cup squad. ;)

Definitely this. He wont call time on England yet - though I imagine if he misses the World Cup, thatll be that?

Englands top goalscorer with arguably the worst squads in a decade. He pretty much carried England at times during qualifying for last years Euro's.

Still cant see why so many are so down on the fella.

Times are reporting Rooney could earn £180k a week plus image rights etc and take £300k+ a week, wow that's some projected shirt sales!

I know there is more to it than shirts but is Rooney's brand that big? If so brilliant, it'll widen the clubs footprint generally!
That's similar to what he's on now as in Utd pay him 150k and sponsors pay the rest. This is why his wage went down to 250k when not in the CL.
I did a while back look to see what he got as image rights and it was only something like 500k (could have been after Utd's cut) a year so can't see him pulling in 120k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back