Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will he play in a 433?I presume replacing one of the front three as a substitute but that's not his best role. So I presume a 4321?

It means he lost his pace - and can't run as well as he could!
Fair enough, everyone must accept he has lost an element of his pace. Rooneys game has always been about more than that though.

However, the evidence for this is even mixed - 10th fastest player in the league last season according to this -
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/10-fastest-players-world-football-9832187

That is a little far fetched, however this looks realistic -

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...top-speed-players-Wayne-Rooney-sportgalleries

and would suggest he is as quick as Henrikh Mkhitaryan!!

Maybe Walsh and Koeman know what they are doing and the media has been taken in by Mourihno and his claims about Wayne. I for one hope so and that we see a Rooney able to surprise his critics.

Stop with the evidence. You are making yourself sound silly.

His legs went about 10 years ago, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Even though he largely carried United for most of that time before he got bored of being overlooked and given the thankless task of the utility player for the last 5/6 managers he played with (including England).
I'm looking silly, in that time he has won 14 cups including CL and 5 Premier League titles and numerous personal awards.

In truth he probably dipped as a player around 5 years ago in Ferguson's final year. I am not saying we are getting the player at the peak of his powers merely that he is not a geriatric 'has been' that some seem to believe.

I'm looking silly, in that time he has won 14 cups including CL and 5 Premier League titles and numerous personal awards.

In truth he probably dipped as a player around 5 years ago in Ferguson's final year. I am not saying we are getting the player at the peak of his powers merely that he is not a geriatric 'has been' that some seem to believe.

I was agreeing with you mate, just being sarcastic, but forgot to use the sarcasm button.

There needs to be a sarcasm font. Their are people from all over the world in here, all having different 'cultural' humour differences.
We should also have a different 'tongue in cheek' font, a font for irony and perhaps one for when a poster's being sardonic

Times are reporting Rooney could earn £180k a week plus image rights etc and take £300k+ a week, wow that's some projected shirt sales!

I know there is more to it than shirts but is Rooney's brand that big? If so brilliant, it'll widen the clubs footprint generally!

Rooney's issue in recent years has been that he needs to get a run of games to get match fit and then to play regularly to keep his sharpness up. He hasn't got those opportunities in the last 18 months or so. Admittedly he's not the player he was 5 years ago but he's still got plenty of vision, ball control and shooting ability.

Hope he comes back. Legs are temporary.... Class is permenant. Not every player has to run a million miles a minute. He is class. I want him back, My 71 year old Dad wants him back (after saying "neva again.... The derty manc badge kissin tw*t") we both agree.. He needs to be brought back in...... Call it blue spectacles but he will have plenty to offer. Not in the explosive sense but he is just a classy player with a point to prove.....he will prove it !!

If it's good enough for a man who supported the blues for 54 years.... Its good enough for me.

Last season he played 39 games and 2415 minutes, which looks like he was a super sub as it's an average of 62 minutes. In truth Mourihno subbed him off in the last few minutes in quite a number of games and brought him on for the lst few minutes in others, driving down the ave mins per game (played 25 minutes or less in 10 games).

He actually played 90 minutes 13 times, 89 minutes 4 times and 80+ minutes 5 times = 22 appearances over 80 minutes

Not that many?

Lets compare to our new striker who we have all been crowing about, have his legs gone?

Sandro played 31 times 2402 minutes, higher average minutes (77) but less playing time overall and he wasn't subbed on late in matches to drive down the average.

He played 90 minutes 17 times and 80+ minutes 4 times = 21 appearances over 80 minutes (1 less than Wayne and he played 8 less games in total).

I really am intrigued as to where the idea that his legs have gone comes from?

Do you have a breakdown of his running stats, goals and assists from last year while you are at it?I am sure they will be the worst of his career.He's always been a player who needs a run of games to get up to full speed and he still has a sharp football brain so I will give him a chance as a squad option.But his ability to get around the pitch and make the difference isn't what it was that is plain to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back