Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. Agree with everything except the profile. Yes it does raise our profile, but i think in an extremely negative way swapping an up and coming world class striker for an over the hill striker.

I don't know how many times people need to be told this isn't what is happening before I have to stop reading it.

That IS his position. It's undoubtedly the position he has come here to occupy, I'm certain he wouldn't have come here otherwise. Sandro Ramirez is our new No 9.

He might well get the number but, I don't think that'll be his normal position.

Am I wrong here I just can't forgive him when he kissed the UTD badge,I can't forget that and why do we need another guy that is passed his sell by date and a player that doesn't get in a starting 11....rant over

Rooney is also halving his wages (poor lad) to come here. If he didn't have the desire to achieve something by moving he could quite easily sit on their bench earning 300k a week. His head seems like its in the right place to make this work

If he agrees to fit in our wage structure and get 70-100k, that would be a statement. He was so highly paid at MU that even 50% cut is mugging us considering he will likely be a squad rotation player.

Is he going to start for us I hope not
Who knows mate. If he's fit and finds form then why not? He's an attacking option which is what we need. We haven't swapped lukaku for Rooney. Lukaku had checked out, he's not turned up for pre season, one way or another he was gone this summer. We've swapped kone and Valencia for Sandro and Rooney. They're better options imo. Now we have to get someone in to take roms spot.

If he agrees to fit in our wage structure and get 70-100k, that would be a statement. He was so highly paid at MU that even 50% cut is mugging us considering he will likely be a squad rotation player.
If he comes in and is automatically our top earner it will be bs. Especially if we let Barkley go because we are unwilling to put him in the top bracket. Moshiris a smart bloke and I can't see him cutting off his nose to spite his face just to bring Rooney back. Or koeman for that matter. There will be a lot of performance related stuff in his wage I reckon.

Before he's kicked a ball for the club some people are already judging that he's finished. No-one knows how this is going to play out. I'll say this though, if I was playing in front of my kids, I'd give everything I had. If that's enough, we'll only be able to judge at the end of season. In the meantime, enjoy the ride. Rooney is just one part of a bigger picture. Hold fire, we'll know soon enough.

Saddened by this personally. Today we've lost the leagues second best goalscorer , who didn't want to play for us anymore, and gained an old fat traitor who didn't want to play for us in his prime and jibbed us off. Ironically while people are , understandably , excoriating Lukaku, we will have seen more from Rom in his prime than we will ever see from Shrek. That is an immutable fact.
For the time being my bonfire has been well urinated on.
Mate, you're upset that we're losing Lukaku, we get that, we all are. He wanted out and there was nothing we could do to keep him here (except maybe sign that unnamed Japanese kid that plays in the bundesliga). So what actually is your gripe? Rooney? He's not Lukaku's replacement, he's just a make weight in the deal, but one who would contribute positively through his experience. We may yet get a marquee signing in this season though I'm doubtful that we will, however our incomings have shown that the goals will be coming from all over the pitch and not just from just one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back