Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
rooney isn't over the hill.

giroud will also be 31 in 2 months , yet people are saying we should get him.
giroud and rooney both played 39 games last year.
the difference being one is the second highest prem league goalscorer , englands and utds record goalscorer and kept out of the utd team only because of ibrahimovic.

lukaku got 2 goals against the top 6 last year, he doesn't perform in the big games. he can also only play 1 position.
rooney is a leader , has won every domestic cup , 3 cups last season and can play on either flank , striker , second striker or attacking midfielder.

we may be losing a very good goalscorer , but lukaku isn't a team player , lacks in aspects of his game and he doesn't have any love for our club.
to swap him for a record breaking goliath with versatility and a range of high quality footballing skills who wants to play for us and £90 million is damn good business.

The mind and the heart is willing, we find out in the next 12 months if his body is.

fingers-crossed.gif

Ok I'm gonna put this out there, take your [Poor language removed] tinted glasses off.

Rooney when he signs will be the best player we've got he's 31 and he's motivated he's going to be a beast biggest statement of our intent, and don't start with all of this bollocks of why United wanted rid, it's simply down to his ridiculous wages which by all reports he's halved to come to us. Which he didn't have to.

I don't care whether he kissed United's badge, the amount of [Poor language removed] he took from us ( me included) was the only way he could retaliate

Ok I'm gonna put this out there, take your [Poor language removed] tinted glasses off.

Rooney when he signs will be the best player we've got he's 31 and he's motivated he's going to be a beast biggest statement of our intent, and don't start with all of this bollocks of why United wanted rid, it's simply down to his ridiculous wages which by all reports he's halved to come to us. Which he didn't have to.

I don't care whether he kissed United's badge, the amount of [Poor language removed] he took from us ( me included) was the only way he could retaliate
preach!

And as for marquee which people seem to bang on about as some sort of stick to beat the board with. I'm sorry but you don't get much more marquee than this

And as for marquee which people seem to bang on about as some sort of stick to beat the board with. I'm sorry but you don't get much more marquee than this
don't think this is exactly marquee. thats usually a top player who you can build a team around almost like the main piece of a dynasty. Rooney is HEADING to the twilight of his career. Need a younger top statement player.

I think we are not at the level yet when we can get a marquee name in. Rooney would have been marquee 2 years ago or earlier, not now unfortunately. Having said that I think he will be a better playmaker than Barkley so I'm hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back