Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

This reminds me of when we signed Gazza. I'm sure Wayne will be useful for a morale boost and might score a wonder goal against Stalybridge Celtic in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. However, I hope Koeman isn't planning on using him as a regular starter. With us still getting £90m for Lukaku though, the deal is ok.

Rooney's physical decline means he's only managed to be a bit part player for one of the teams we want to compete with for a good few seasons now. I'm staggered that so many are so happy to have him come back.

For what it's worth no ,I won't be changing my opinion . I've said before I hate disloyalty and find it unforgivable. But my opinion is of no great consequence in the scheme of things. I support the shirt not the player. If he scores I'll cheer same way as I'd cheer if the opposition goalie belted it in off the refs backside, its still a goal. I just won't be chanting his name or giving him individual rapturous applause anytime soon.

How many did she shag behind your back???

Delighted for the fee we got for Rom but bringing back Rooney sends a bad message

I disagree, its a message the whole world will see.

Months back i was against him coming back, he looked finished. But, the romantic in me thought " what if?? "

He is not in the England squad, quite a few people are saying he is finished. He has a massive point to prove, to us and the world. For the past 18 months he has been in and out of the United team playing a number of positions. No chance to get some consistency, so no doubt lost a bit of confidence and combative edge.

His footballing brain is on a different level to most players, that will still be there. This move could reignite the fire inside him, get his mind and body in focus and he can still be a world beater. Sure, hes not going to be the unbeatable 17 year old we remember but he will want to prove people wrong. At the place he started, the club he loves like me and you.

Lets give him a chance, i think he will prove a success for some reason. No idea why but it feels right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back