Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a banned poster called butters. But you can let the paranoid thoughts get the better of you if you wish.

I simply don't rate today's version of Wayne Rooney. And all Evertonian's will be wetting the bed when we finish 7th again next season because we lack the quality needed to challenge the best sides.

Rumbled.........

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

How am I a WUM? Are you genuinely excited about a 55 year old Wayne Rooney who can't walk 3 yards without breaking into a sweat these days?

Or are you trying to save face? It's ok to say how poor Wayne is now. He wouldn't make the first 11 of ANY team in the top 8 but we sell Rom and bring Rooney back?!

It's an absolute farce.

Nobody is even remotely suggesting that he's the Wayne Rooney that left and has had a stellar career, but to say he's 55 is idiotic and to suggest he can't walk three yards without breaking into a sweat is, well quite frankly, pathetic.

He's a professional footballer of outstanding quality and having passed his medical this afternoon is officially and certifiably fitter than 99.9% of all of us and a fair percentage of us out together !!

He brings a wealth of WINNING experience and in returning to his first club, he will be both mentally and physically rejuvenated as well as massively motivated to prove all the doubters and wums wrong.

If you can't see what the vast majority can see and are willing to go along with and give Wayne every encouragement and support, then yes, you are a wum in my and several others opinions.

I'm more disappointed with the message signing Rooney sends than the signing itself. He has an alright chance of doing well for 12 months to be honest, wouldn't be surprised, but despite my feelings on Lukaku it remains a fact that we're selling a star player and replacing with one on the wane, to put it politely.

But we still have ages in this transfer window to put the message right. Rooney as a squad player will give us another option, even if not an ideal signing - £90m+Rooney for Lukaku is sensational business, because £90m alone for Lukaku would have been sensational business.

If you said to me at the start of the window....Rom and Ross out and Rooney in.....I would have said FFS!!!!

It'll take more than the business done so far to offset that and for me to head into the new season happy, although I'm fully aware Klassen and Keane could turn out to be bosstacular. I do like Sandro.

But....lots of time left for Ross to sign and for some magic to come in.

Much rather have an old, chunky player that actually puts in a true shift every match, than a young, ripped one that for most of the time didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back