Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ExpatinBangkok
Depends how you look at it, for me it's more a case they haggled us down 10m and Rooney is just a coincidence, I think if we wasn't getting Rooney the price would of been the same IMO

I wasnt too high on Rooney coming back at first but, to be honest, the whole argument that hes over the hill and didnt produce much last season at United is completely false. Rooney had 5 goals and 5 assists in 1500 minutes of play, because he did not get many opportunities to start. Thats 1 every 150 minutes. How is that NOT an improvement in our squad? Consider the two players he most likely will be playing in place of. Mirallas averaged 1 per 200 minutes. Barkley also averaged one per 200 minutes.

If Rooney had played Barkley's premier league hours last season, he was on pace to score 10 goals and have 10 assists.

I agree he is better than both barkley and mirallis. I just doubt he can play a full 90 mins,but hope so.

@ExpatinBangkok
Depends how you look at it, for me it's more a case they haggled us down 10m and Rooney is just a coincidence, I think if we wasn't getting Rooney the price would of been the same IMO
I 'hope' that's what it was and if Rooney had gone to China in Jan we would've got 10M more. I think it's a throw back to SAF but when we deal with Untd I look around anxiously for the Vaseline just in case

No real issue with Rooney returning in terms of his ability. He's not as mobile as he was but the quality is there. The issue is all the "he's a blue" nonsense. This "blue" jumped ship before his career had properly started and gave his prime years to another club. Checking the scores on teletext you would have seen Everton 0 Manchester United 1 (Rooney). And often. The sliding across the turf at Goodison as he banged in another goal against Everton.

Rooney gave his absolute best to a rival club. To see that fella smiling when interviewed on Sky Sports News say "Rooney is a blue" is stating the club is small time. The club is a stepping stone to United and we are grateful to get whatever's left of him.

No real issue with Rooney returning in terms of his ability. He's not as mobile as he was but the quality is there. The issue is all the "he's a blue" nonsense. This "blue" jumped ship before his career had properly started and gave his prime years to another club. Checking the scores on teletext you would have seen Everton 0 Manchester United 1 (Rooney). And often. The sliding across the turf at Goodison as he banged in another goal against Everton.

Rooney gave his absolute best to a rival club. To see that fella smiling when interviewed on Sky Sports News say "Rooney is a blue" is stating the club is small time. The club is a stepping stone to United and we are grateful to get whatever's left of him.
The club was in a totally different place in 2004. That's just a fact. The Rooney sale helped us a good bit in the years after. If he was coming through today he wouldn't be leaving. He's coming back because he wants to make it up as best he can

My views on the potential return of Wayne have not been to flattering to him.But he will bring a lot of winning experience to the dressing room as the following stats here will show.

Club
Manchester United[336]
Individual
Records

Apart from the World Cup and European Championship with England he's pretty much won the whole lot!He's been there done that and worn the t shirt.That is a hell of a lot of winning experience to bring to the table.Sure he's not the Wayne Rooney of his early Everton day's but if he regains some sort of form, then he can be an effective performer for us.Winning a trophy with Everton will be the perfect icing on the cake.Sure a lot of us (myself included) are saying that Wayne is past his best, but people also said that about Andy Gray and Peter Reid when they signed for us.Im sure our red neighbours were also underwhelmed when they signed Gary McCallister.We have done a great job this summer signing very promising young players and not to mention the players coming through from the u23 squad.Who better for these guy's to learn from than a man with Wayne Rooneys experience.

I think the thing to note is that he hasn't won an individual award since 2012. He was very underrated for a lot of the time he has with Utd, but he has been on a steep decline for the last 2 years. Should definitely only be used as an impact sub and a starter in the lesser Europa League and domestic cup games.

I think the thing to note is that he hasn't won an individual award since 2012. He was very underrated for a lot of the time he has with Utd, but he has been on a steep decline for the last 2 years. Should definitely only be used as an impact sub and a starter in the lesser Europa League and domestic cup games.
At 150,000 a week, he's not going to be spending much time on the bench. We could've kept Kone to do that.

When Rooney joins us he will be the best technical player in the squad.

Yes he is slow but so was Sheringham.

I still think he can do a great job playing between the lines and offering much needed creativity , goals and experience.

He also looked in great condition yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back