Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney's still miles better than anything we've got going forward (bar Lukaku), but joining us would mean him having to take a pay-cut of around £12,000,000 (£12million) a year. Would you be willing to do that if you were him?

What's more, in today's crazy transfer market, Man Utd would probably demand in excess of £20million for the lad.

All in all, it's not viable.

Rooney's still miles better than anything we've got going forward (bar Lukaku), but joining us would mean him having to take a pay-cut of around £12,000,000 (£12million) a year. Would you be willing to do that if you were him?

What's more, in today's crazy transfer market, Man Utd would probably demand in excess of £20million for the lad.

All in all, it's not viable.
Whoever Rooney joins he will have to take a pay cut that's what happens towards the end of your career, unless he goes to China which I believe he rejected in the summer.. If he or his wife never earned another penny from today his kids and grandkids would still live a luxurious lifestyle for the rest of their lives, so I don't think money should come into as much as you think. Don't forget he probably still earns 5-10mil a year from his sponsors without his wages!:hayee:

Yes he still deffo would improve us though and I even think he could help Lukaku get to the next level, plus show Barkley how to play with passion and fight.

Whoever Rooney joins he will have to take a pay cut that's what happens towards the end of your career, unless he goes to China which I believe he rejected in the summer.. If he or his wife never earned another penny from today his kids and grandkids would still live a luxurious lifestyle for the rest of their lives, so I don't think money should come into as much as you think. Don't forget he probably still earns 5-10mil a year from his sponsors without his wages!:hayee:

Yes he still deffo would improve us though and I even think he could help Lukaku get to the next level, plus show Barkley how to play with passion and fight.
He could play for free and be comfortable.

Reactions: JLW

They tend to take a pay cut after their big contracts run out though. They don't tend to leave big contracts early to get a lesser deal elsewhere.

I'm not suggesting he actually does play for free mate lol
Nor was I, instead I was trying to imply (obviously failing to do so) that Rooney would put making money aside to come back to Everton.

I simply still can't see Rooney, a player who has always made the most of his revenue stream, taking a huge drop in wages if there's other options.

Nor was I, instead I was trying to imply (obviously failing to do so) that Rooney would put making money aside to come back to Everton.

I simply still can't see Rooney, a player who has always made the most of his revenue stream, taking a huge drop in wages if there's other options.
No. And there ain't no way he's coming here.

I actually think he'd be a massive cut above them BUT, it may be a massive backwards step so best left alone.
I was being slightly facetious with the Gazza reference for as you rightly say they're of difference calibres and at different stages of their career.

Yet as you mention, it would be primarily be a decision made mainly on sentiment and possibly for developing our commercial profile.

How much would he improve our squad and for how long? Not enough for me, when there's younger and more suitable options.

He could play for free and be comfortable.
Or even take the same wages as which ever player is on top wack...there could even be side sponsor deals to sweeten things. I can see pukka pies getting right into this...or one of those 'senior dating sites' *in the manner of Rene in 'allo 'allo when he mentions the resistance* - of which I know nothing about.

edit; I wouldn't give any more than 1yr. with a 1yr. option

I was being slightly facetious with the Gazza reference for as you rightly say they're of difference calibres and at different stages of their career.

Yet as you mention, it would be primarily be a decision made mainly on sentiment and possibly for developing our commercial profile.

How much would he improve our squad and for how long? Not enough for me, when there's younger and more suitable options.
Thought Gazza did alright when he came to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back