Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
My views on the potential return of Wayne have not been to flattering to him.But he will bring a lot of winning experience to the dressing room as the following stats here will show.

Club
Manchester United[336]
Individual
Records

Apart from the World Cup and European Championship with England he's pretty much won the whole lot!He's been there done that and worn the t shirt.That is a hell of a lot of winning experience to bring to the table.Sure he's not the Wayne Rooney of his early Everton day's but if he regains some sort of form, then he can be an effective performer for us.Winning a trophy with Everton will be the perfect icing on the cake.Sure a lot of us (myself included) are saying that Wayne is past his best, but people also said that about Andy Gray and Peter Reid when they signed for us.Im sure our red neighbours were also underwhelmed when they signed Gary McCallister.We have done a great job this summer signing very promising young players and not to mention the players coming through from the u23 squad.Who better for these guy's to learn from than a man with Wayne Rooneys experience.

I wish I could be excited and optimistic about this but I'm not. When on the pitch he slowed down almost every ManU move he was involved in in the past year and will do the same here. We'll be in dreadful trouble if we are not in a position to drop him to the bench come Christmas.

I wish I could be excited and optimistic about this but I'm not. When on the pitch he slowed down almost every ManU move he was involved in in the past year and will do the same here. We'll be in dreadful trouble if we are not in a position to drop him to the bench come Christmas.

I think Rooney will move on in his own if things don't go well. He can easily go to China or the USA.

Reactions: rbm
I think Rooney will move on in his own if things don't go well. He can easily go to China or the USA.

I actually admire his decision to try to keep going in the Premier League rather than just opt for the easy retirement money in the US or China.

I don't think it'll be a success since he is washed up and finished but I do admire the effort.

I'll be disappointed if he starts more than 12 games. It'll mean we have nobody.

OMG lads :)

If you told yourself 10 years ago that Wazza would be coming home in 2017 then would you have believed it?

Of course you wouldn't have. Embrace the most important moment in our modern history and ROAR his name on the first game of the season.

This. Is Everton. 2k17.

Tbh although Rooney could easily get a contract in China I don't think he'd be happy there, never really struck me as someone who would adapt to a such a different culture!

However, if Beckham's Miami team ever sees the light of day think that would suit him.

The 2003 10 year old version of me can't help but be excited about him returning regardless of how well he performs its just going to be special to see the player you idolized as a kid back in the blue shirt once again.

I really hope he has a similar reaction to Torres returning to Atletico, how many people wrote Torres off as finished at the time of his move. The fans embraced him back at the club and it completely reinvigorated him, obviously not the player he once was but far more useful than many people expected and that's what i want Rooney to be for us.

Regardless of if it works on the pitch though it will do us great from a marketability stand point and also be great for the younger players to see an example of someone who has done the journey they are setting out on.

Be interesting to see what number he takes, would like to see him back in the 18 again but would mean Gaz Baz giving it up, other than that only think 7, 15, 19 are available in the lower numbers

Tbh although Rooney could easily get a contract in China I don't think he'd be happy there, never really struck me as someone who would adapt to a such a different culture!

However, if Beckham's Miami team ever sees the light of day think that would suit him.

I'd have him in Seattle in a second. Him, Dempsey, and Morris would be FC SEAxy.

I, however, think he wouldn't have the same motivation levels abroad. His Everton return seems the right move.* It will be his goal to be at his best at his club.

*if it doesn't stoke the fires in his heart it's a free with expensive wages...kinda a low risk the way around for Everton.

I really hope he has a similar reaction to Torres returning to Atletico, how many people wrote Torres off as finished at the time of his move. The fans embraced him back at the club and it completely reinvigorated him, obviously not the player he once was but far more useful than many people expected and that's what i want Rooney to be for us.

As much as I've hated Torres his whole career, this seems to be the best analogy and one chooose to believe. I think we will see a renewed Rooney with new passion and interest in the game wearing blue. Even Losing a step, he still is a clinical finisher and I bet will bury a higher percentage of chances than most. Having skilled and willing runners around him like Gylfi, bolasie, mirallis, Barkley, and others will allow him to poach nicely in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back