Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigurdsson is vastly better, this was evident when Rooney was taken off v Bournemouth.

He's not though. Not even close. He crosses and takes freekicks. That's it.

Both players tonight played in opposite positions, left and right with Sandro down the middle. Yet Rooney was the only player trying to create from midfield and also attacking.

Siggurdson and Sandro looked clueless.

To me, there's a reason why Spurs let Sigurdsson go and why no top club ever came in for him.

He's not though. Not even close. He crosses and takes freekicks. That's it.

Both players tonight played in opposite positions, left and right with Sandro down the middle. Yet Rooney was the only player trying to create from midfield and also attacking.

Siggurdson and Sandro looked clueless.

To me, there's a reason why Spurs let Sigurdsson go and why no top club ever came in for him.
Rooney is given a free role, he steps on the toes of players who are trying to play that position and leaves his own position vulnerable.

That’s why it seems like he does a lot. He also persistently gives the ball away.

Rooney is given a free role, he steps on the toes of players who are trying to play that position and leaves his own position vulnerable.

That’s why it seems like he does a lot. He also persistently gives the ball away.

If Siggurdson was a £50mill player he'd have the intelligence to find spaces and make an impact.

When Rooney's in advanced positions, why isn't Siggurdson filling in for Rooney? Picking up the ball from the defence? Spraying balls?

He's a big fish in a small pond.

If Siggurdson was a £50mill player he'd have the intelligence to find spaces and make an impact.

When Rooney's in advanced positions, why isn't Siggurdson filling in for Rooney? Picking up the ball from the defence? Spraying balls?

Come on mate, take off your blue tinted spectacles, Rooney is, amongst others, stinking the place out.

He needs dropping, for a supposed senior player with a winning mentality who can handle the big occasions he’s been absolutely dire.

I get that but if you are going to spend big on a player at least play him in the position he is most comfortable at and the one he was playing in that made us spunk 50 mil on him. (and yes i know if he cost 50mil he should be able to play any position across the front line)

I'd have been happier seeing Rooney go off instead of Davies who was playing a free sort of role and getting involved.

Sigurdsson gave a nice touch for the goal and one or two other subtle passes.

Hes one of the few player's to demand the ball and look forward. He's also one of the few players with a bit of fight in him. Those saying he's slow, he's never had an abundance of pace, but I've not idea what game(s) you've been watching. Can give you two simple examples today, actually I'll give you a bonus 3.

1. Over the top through ball to DCL, he was the only one to continue his run into the box and offer support to DCL who took the shot instead

2. There equaliser, he was the only player to attempt to cover the vast void infront of Kenny. Guess what he was on the opposite wing and ran the diagonal of the pitch to cover for Kenny. Unsure who gave the equalising freekick away, but point stands he was doing more then required and covering for others.

3. The bonus example, not so much football related, but Rooney is always in the refs ear. The numerous foul throws he was the only one berating the ref, others just shy away. Fouls, freekicks, general decisions, he's always first on the scene with the ref.

Rooney is not the fault, he's clearly given a free roaming position, the fault lies with Koeman and his obsessive shoehorning of players, and love for the narrow midfield hoof ball.
If anything I'd say Ronney is doing what Glyfi should be - getting involved, looking forward, not nervous demanding the ball, and generally having an edge. Like it or not, he's been our most consistent player.

Last edited:
lol

We've got a CB that can't pass or do anything against any striker who has 5% of quality (Williams).

We've got a dictating midfielder that does not pass forwards or show for the ball. (Schneiderlin).

We've got a young full back been thrown into CB because 3 other experienced players are injured (Holgate).

We've got no recognised, seasoned CF.

And the problem is Wayne Rooney who has been decent or above in every game he's played this season.

Can't beat the GS and their darlings.

Spot on.

Imagine when he hears the team being read out by the fat headed fraud :

" oh f*** here we go, we've got no wide players yet again, I'm going to have to run myself into the ground just to keep the ball moving forward "

* Could you all direct your bile towards the right person please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back