Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats where he should be playing IMO, the current two are offering nothing anyway.
He'd get laughed at by even the half-decent sides, like he did when Hodgson let him play there for England. It would have to be a case of keeping Gana and Schneiderlin in, and basically letting Rooney do whatever he wants.

I don't think it would lead to an upturn in results, but he's going to play regardless, so may as well give it a try.

He'll get laughed at by even the half-decent sides, like he did when Hodgson let him play there for England. It would have to be a case of keeping Gana and Schneiderlin in, and basically letting Rooney do whatever he wants.

I don't think it would lead to an upturn in results, but he's going to play regardless, so may as well give it a try.

Current pair are getting laughed at by Burnley and Cypriot bin men.

Would be effective on the right system. Needs to avoid the temptation to drop deep and get us playing. Maybe if we had proper creativity behind him he wouldn't need to. Still our top scorer.
he had creativity behind him in united and still drop deep, the guy just afraid of getting pressed by opposition

At United, in my opinion, we were able to drop Wayne because we have the likes of Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Mata to play the creative role, and a top striker in Zlatan and now Lukaku to play as a lone striker. No disrespect intended, I don't think you currently have those kind of options now.

Without Lukaku and Barkley (currently) who scored half of your goals, you are not the same side that finished 7th last season, and to compete for top 7 again this season, I think you should focus on utilizing your new signings rather than resort to those who wouldn't have gotten you to 7th last season anyway.

Among your new forwards, Klaasen, Sandro and Vlasic may need time to adapt to the league, so I think you need to find the best way to utilize both Wayne and Gylfi, as one of them may not be enough to lift the team, especially in the absence of Barkley.

Without a top striker, I think you should play with two strikers with wing support. If the wing support is to come from the full backs, then you need three center backs in 5-3-2 format, otherwise you will always be vurnerable on the counter. If you play proper wingers or wide forwards then you can't play Gana and Morgan together as none of them is very good at creating chances through the middle.

I think Wayne should be one of your two strikers and Gylfi one of your center mids. Things will get more tricky when or if Barkley becomes available, as I think you should play all three of them if you can. In that case maybe 4-3-3 is an option, with Wayne as the left forward, Barkley no 10 and Gylfi behind Barkley alongside a defensive mid.

Wayne is no good as a lone striker as he lacks the strength, height or pace to be one, even in his prime he was better as a support striker to complement the main striker. He could work as a no 10, but you have good options there in Gylfi and Barkley, and Klaasen to a lesser degree. He had demonstrated at times at United that he can play on the left, to cut inside and pass, or coming from behind to shoot with his preferred foot. For me, he was much less effective on the right, and he is definitely not a center mid. Just my two cents.

Dont you just love it when other teams fans come on here and know exactly what our problems are, and how we should fix them from a few match of the day clips.

Dont you just love it when other teams fans come on here and know exactly what our problems are, and how we should fix them from a few match of the day clips.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the post, didn't mean to be a smart ass, just care enough to post about your team now that Wayne had come back here, and I'm still a fan of his.

Btw, I watched in full most of your matches so far this season, but in no way I intended to pretend to know much about your team. I base my opinion on the few that I have seen, with good intention to contribute really.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the post, didn't mean to be a smart ass, just care enough to post about your team now that Wayne had come back here, and I'm still a fan of his.

Btw, I watched in full most of your matches so far this season, but in no way I intended to pretend to know much about your team. I base my opinion on the few that I have seen, with good intention to contribute really.

No need to apologise mate, we are just angry at the mo.

Nneds to go i January. Terrible decision by the board to bring him back. Shows you just how unprofessional our club is run - nobody can say we brought him for anything but nostalgia because he clearly isnt good enough(something a hugh par of our supporters harked on when he was rumored, how professionals wernt able to see it frightens me). Bringing Rooney might be what ends up toppeling Koemans reign.

Working in a garden centre in charge of maintenance for his community service.

Just read that on a news site.

The lad is doing his best to atone for what he did. I certainly won't throw any stone and I hope he gets his head down and sorts what the heck is missing in his beloved Everton.

I love to read posts from people who are so absolutely perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back