Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't won in the group with him, I thought the football was a lot quicker last night without him to be honest.
200w.gif

he would be able to reinvent himself if was cleverer. Re my other post about his fitness, I doubt he has modernised his way of working. With Ronaldo, Ibra, Giggs, people like that he's played with and he can watch who are older but still doing it, then Scholes, Beckham, Barry people who have looked after their bodies well into older 30s (Even Jags & Baines are fit still even if they're not playing well) - he should have, could have learned how to be a better player in his 30s. Hes still got time but he needs to move fast.
Yea I get what you mean, those players are good examples of footballs who have looked after themselves. But they always did, even as kids, so they have evolved and adapted to the demands on their body, the changes age brings. It's been a steady transition for them which has enabled them to adjust their game. Reinvention is something far more difficult and therefore less likely to succeed. For example, looking after yourself better in your 30s is going to probably help you stay healthier/fitter. But its not going to bring back what you've already lost by not doing so in your 20s. That's the issue with Rooney, it's already gone.
I think the other related issue is simply his physique/build. He's naturally heavy, big, rather than lean. Explosive and powerful when young, simply can't be maintained as he gets older.
But as my original post said, Its not that I think he's finished as footballer, just that he is nowhere near what we need if we want to challenge near the top end of the league.

Give him a good solid side to play in he will be ace. I don't won't to see the old Rooney at left back defending every 5 mins I want him in a team that lets him pick his place and time on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back