Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

We haven't won in the group with him, I thought the football was a lot quicker last night without him to be honest.

Mainly down to having wingers and by the end throwing every attacker we had.

Their keeper didn't have to make a save though.

Out of all of our outfielders, he's still the only one that creates something in open play.

lets face it, the lad has more miles on his clock than a London black cab.

its not as if he has looked after his body either. he smokes and drinks.

its quite hard making work as a site worker on a Monday after an allnight session on a Saturday night that goes on till sunday morning, let alone be able to to produce a match winning performance in a premier league fixture that week.

Actually that's a good point
He's unfit, he's only 31 (Compare to Barry, Ronaldo, Giggs, even Jags, Baines now, Beckham, Ibrahimovic - all these boss older players he's played with, has nobody taught him that to make it in modern sport you have to give up drinking and smoking and work on your fitness and health all the time? He would have been a much better player if he was actually fit now

So much better yesterday for not having our top goalscorer eh @ianefc

When you say top goal scorer you're talking about a penalty and a fluke of a tap in being involved in those stats.

Rooney isn't that goalscorer type of player anymore. He rarely gets himself into positions to slot anymore, mainly because he's too slow to get a yard on the defenders. If you want him in the team then it's down to his experience of having been there and done it, not his goalscoring threat.

When you say top goal scorer you're talking about a penalty and a fluke of a tap in being involved in those stats.

Rooney isn't that goalscorer type of player anymore. He rarely gets himself into positions to slot anymore, mainly because he's too slow to get a yard on the defenders. If you want him in the team then it's down to his experience of having been there and done it, not his goalscoring threat.

Oh how soon we forget his scandalous behaviour

This. The fact he's our top scorer just shows up how much of a mess we're actually in, 4 goals in 15 is actually not very good at all.

????? What are you on about?
If you think half of the numpties who played are better than him you need to give your head a good wobble
Eh???? I was referring to his slotting off the pitch. Now can you please take your own advice mate

I don't think he can reinvent himself. He is what he is. He's too indisciplined on the pitch, plays how and where he wants. That's part of what made him great, instinctive, natural ability with pace and strength to go with it. Can't coach that. But it's all along time ago. He's still all over the pitch now, not lacking in willingness, desire even, but the other qualities have declined massively. I'm no Rooney hater, but he shouldn't be getting anywhere near our first 11 on a regular basis. It's not his fault he's getting picked most weeks. But if we want to improve, challenge teams in the top 6, which of those other teams would he be playing for most weeks?

he would be able to reinvent himself if was cleverer. Re my other post about his fitness, I doubt he has modernised his way of working. With Ronaldo, Ibra, Giggs, people like that he's played with and he can watch who are older but still doing it, then Scholes, Beckham, Barry people who have looked after their bodies well into older 30s (Even Jags & Baines are fit still even if they're not playing well) - he should have, could have learned how to be a better player in his 30s. Hes still got time but he needs to move fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back